colon

hi8is

What difference does Colon make? He'd have to pitch a shutout to win. Bonderman's lost 13 games and we have 2 hits after 6. This is disgusting, they don't even seem like they care. JM's sleepy ass needs to go home. We need a hothead aggressive manager who might put some pride back into these players.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't know why. The posters should be down on the offense for letting JG and BC down against the Tigers  :angry: .

am i reading the comments on here wrong killa????? i get the strong impression not everyone was happy with fartolo tonite........

I'm not down on Colon. Not when I see the statistic that this team has scored 3 runs or less in 41 games this season.

Shouldn't that set off red flags, warning sirens, hells bells I don't know somewhere somebody who is a member of this organization and actually cares should see this stat glaring them in the face and have the balls to do something about it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

thats whats missing DK.. the balls to do something about it........geez.. better get on the horn right away and let someone know.. they are ball less........ :D

Colon pitched well yesterday, i know he gave up 11 hits but a lot of this hits it should be caught by Everett. But our offense is just killing this team, 3 hits agst a rookie and 2 walks. Tuesday they did worst, they didnt take a walk all the game. f*** that. And Colon is getting mad with his pitching and his offense. Lokk at his pictura in him after the game.

Colon pitched well yesterday, i know he gave up 11 hits but a lot of this hits it should be caught by Everett. But our offense is just killing this team, 3 hits agst a rookie and 2 walks. Tuesday they did worst, they didnt take a walk all the game. f*** that. And Colon is getting mad with his pitching and his offense. Lokk at his pictura in him after the game.

He should be pissed. I like that, it is better than the emotionless crap that you usually see from this team. Heck I would have liked to have seen him get up and yell at the offense to find out exactly where the hell they have been for the last two days.

Colon gave up 11 hits to a team that was hitting under .230!  I can only imagine what he would have done against a TOR or BOS...

In my mind he's been a major disappointment. I always thought he was overrated but hoped last season proved me wrong. I think Corg has it right on this guy.

Guest Ncorgbl
everyone is down on colon now???? wheres corg when you need a good tub of goo post????? :huh:  ;)

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

There's no denying that the offense has not supported Colon much at all this season, but I don't see that as the glaring issue. Shouldn't we expect a pitcher who has a reputation of complete games, being a workhorse, an innings eater, to 'step up' when his team is not hitting? Is it too much to ask a guy who wants and will get $12+ million to hold a lead? Is it too much to ask that he not 'get tired' after 97 pitches in a rivalry game in front of sellout crowds going for a sweep?

The Sox recognized the problem back in may;

==============

From the Sun-Times;

Sox want early focus from Colon

May 15, 2003

The message the White Sox are trying to relay to Bartolo

Colon is to consider the first inning as crunch time.

Colon, who will start today against the Baltimore Orioles, has a tendency not to get into a groove until the middle innings, something the light-hitting Sox can't afford.

"He is a guy who it seems like when we score or he is needed, he really steps up,'' manager Jerry Manuel said. "I think he likes that role. He's the guy that has that kind of stuff to rise to the occasion. We're going to need him every game the rest of the way.''

Manuel is confident the Colon who won 20 games last year is starting to emerge in a Sox uniform. Colon (3-3, 4.23 ERA) pitched into the ninth inning in his last start over the weekend at Seattle, giving up three runs on six hits in the team's only victory of the series. It snapped a three-start losing streak.

"He's got no reason to say 'Hey, you don't need me now,''' Manuel said. "We need him every game, every out.''

Doug Padilla

===============

I don't think our 'tub o' goo' wants to be here, I don't think he wants to pitch for us. He can lose every game from now 'til the end of the season with us and still get his big contract by blaming it on us.

Trade the Tub o' Goo now.

No question that Colon has not been as consistent this yerar, but he has still pitched well for the most part. He has been simply superb in a number of games, but has given up lots of walks and some homeruns in other games. I don't see the dominance he has shown in past years, but as I said for the most part he has pitched well enough to win more games than his record indicates. The biggest dissapointment is our offense. Too many DH's, as said before, so we have no speed, hitters that overswing, hitters with no patience and hitters refusing to go to the opposite field for hits. Everyone wants to be the hero and hit the homer.

Back to Bartolo, I believe his six wins through mid-season is still more than Ritchie had for the entire season.