stretchstretch

ALC Prediction Time  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins division?

• Sox by >3 games
    • Min by >3 games
    • Sox barely <3 games
    • Min barely <3 games

this time of year reminded me of '06 when the Sox were tied with MN on Aug31 and most on this board figured our all-world roster could beat them over 30 days to get the wild card nod...of course we know how that turned out, so at this point, given all we know about these two teams, roster, injuries, schedule, home and away games, what's your gut tellin you????

Cockroach piranhas by 3 or less. Games like the last one against Boston are what has me worried. We close with 3 up in the Dome, get to see the Angels, Yanks, and Red Sox again before that. Lack of 5th starter, shakey bullpen and the next to nothing lead in the standings promise to make this tough. And after reading what I just wrote, I'd change my answer to Twins by 3 or more.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Cockroach piranhas by 3 or less. Games like the last one against Boston are what has me worried. We close with 3 up in the Dome, get to see the Angels, Yanks, and Red Sox again before that. Lack of 5th starter, shakey bullpen and the next to nothing lead in the standings promise to make this tough. And after reading what I just wrote, I'd change my answer to Twins by 3 or more.

First off, Minnesota still has to go to Oakland for 4, to Anaheim for 4, and to Tampa for 4.

Secondly, we also have 4 in Baltimore and 4 at home vs Toronto, which makes the 4 in New York and 3 in Boston a wash, sort of.

Lastly, the Twins bullpen isn't exactly fine and dandy, either. Everyone assumes it's great because of Nathan.

Sox by 1, 2, or 3 gets my vote.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

I have no idea. This sure is exciting but I truly think anything can happen. It'd be a shame to not make it after doing well this far in the season. I don't like that 10 game road trip to NY, Minnie and KC. It scares me. If I had to bet the life savings I might flip a coin or go with my gut feelng, the scrappy Twins.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
I have no idea. This sure is exciting but I truly think anything can happen. It'd be a shame to not make it after doing well this far in the season. I don't like that 10 game road trip to NY, Minnie and KC. It scares me. If I had to bet the life savings I might flip a coin or go with my gut feelng, the scrappy Twins.

Then again, we also get Toronto for 4 here and we go to Baltimore for 4.

Not to mention Twins' fans are sh*tting their pants right now as they still have to go to OAK, TB, and LAA- all of which are 4 game series's.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 12:41 AM)
It'd be nice to see the Twins lose 3 of 4 in all those road series you mentioned. Very nice. It'd be nice to see them finally have a s***ty homestand. On paper these next six look like gimmies.

so far the al west has been the twins weekness.......18 games left with the west coasters If their current 08 win/loss against the AL west continues Twinks will will win 8 out of those eighteen. Or realistically Oakland and Seattle have been weakened considerably.

Edited by forrestg

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)

When it's all said and done, all three of the teams probably won't be playoff teams.