L me

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've given one away quite like that all year. This team is just so damn stupid, it's truly incredible to watch. Some of the blame certainly goes on Ozzie and KW for putting together/managing a team that lacking in IQ, but also, the players take some blame too, because nobody should be that dumb. It's hard to enjoy a pennant race when you give away game after game after game you should win. The White Sox toughest opponent is themselves, and that is who will defeat them if we lose the division race, not the Twins. Just a horrible loss to a horrible team at a horrible stadium we can't win in.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

It's hard for me to be so upset because I'm used to it. The better the odds are stacked in favor of the Sox, the worse they get their asses kicked. We're facing a pitcher who's 0-11 with a 100.5 era? We lose. We're facing a team who's lost 50 straight games? s***! We lose!

Does anyone know what our bullpen ERA is since the Joe Morgan debacle? I'm all for using Thornton for 2 or 3 innings in games where he has it rolling. Also, if we can't trust Getz at 3rd base, then get Fields back on the big league roster. It's embarrassing that Uribe had to face Street in the 9th. Street is the exact type of pitcher that dominates Uribe.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
This loss is irrelevant if we go out and win tomorrow.

You do realize this division could come down to one game right? And that if we lose two out of three this weekend, it's because of that game. And that Minnesota is now tied with us instead of one game back because we just gift wrapped a win for Oakland and begged them to take it.

But sure, if we win tomorrow, and are forced to play a rubber match Sunday instead of look for a sweep, this game doesn't matter. Ok.

pathetic effort all the way around. Floyd deserved better. Good team don't lose to s*** teams at this point in the year. Absolutely embarrassing. I hope these guys are embarrassed...they should be. I really have no faith in this team the rest of the way out. I have a prediction right now..Gio will make this team look ridiculous.

Not just saying this because I'm pissed off right now, but I haven't been 100% completely sold on this team at any point this year. We still might win the division (we're extremely fortunate the Tigers and Indians dropped off the face of the planet). But I don't think this team is really THAT good. We look good at times when were we go HR derby on everybody. But this isn't a high level I.Q. team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:50 AM)
You do realize this division could come down to one game right? And that if we lose two out of three this weekend, it's because of that game. And that Minnesota is now tied with us instead of one game back because we just gift wrapped a win for Oakland and begged them to take it.

But sure, if we win tomorrow, and are forced to play a rubber match Sunday instead of look for a sweep, this game doesn't matter. Ok.

Considering how awful the Sox have looked at the Twinkie Dome this season, my philosophy is we're 3 games back in the standings but we don't play the Twins again this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)

I said that back in April when we pissed away a ridiculous game at Baltimore and everybody told me to calm down...that it was only one game. f*** that..... I knew all these games like this would crawl up our ass eventually.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)

No, it's because we scored something like 9 runs in 4 games in Toronto earlier this year in the 4 game sweep they gave us.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
Not just saying this because I'm pissed off right now, but I haven't been 100% completely sold on this team at any point this year. We still might win the division (we're extremely fortunate the Tigers and Indians dropped off the face of the planet). But I don't think this team is really THAT good. We look good at times when were we go HR derby on everybody. But this isn't a high level I.Q. team.

thats a good way of putting it...i feel the exact same way...i want to think this team is good enough to have a special year, but for some reason i have a tough time buying it...that said in the playoffs anything can happen (06 cardinals) but those are typically few and far between.....

we need linebrink back and pitching well bad.....also i dont think ramirez is the answer to the other lefty out of the pen....our inability to develop our draft picks has absolutely killed us

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
I said that back in April when we pissed away a ridiculous game at Baltimore and everybody told me to calm down...that it was only one game. f*** that..... I knew all these games like this would crawl up our ass eventually.

Yep. After a while, the "it's just one game" gift-wrapped losses begin to add up.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:50 AM)
pathetic effort all the way around. Floyd deserved better. Good team don't lose to s*** teams at this point in the year. Absolutely embarrassing. I hope these guys are embarrassed...they should be. I really have no faith in this team the rest of the way out. I have a prediction right now..Gio will make this team look ridiculous.

No, Floyd really didn't deserve better.

This team is no different than the 2001-2004 versions, with the exception that we had one extra pitcher in the rotation and not a black hole.

KW hasn't learned how to construct a team to defeat the Twins consistently.

Instead of becoming defense-oriented, we added players like Swisher and Griffey.

If we're looking for the likes of Horacio Ramirez and DJ Carrasco (remember, these guys were cast off by the ROYALS!!!) to save us in crucial games down the stretch, then we deserve what comes to us.

Horrible baserunning by Ramirez and Anderson, and another choke job by Dotel. And yet it's not surprising at all. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off if we just forfeited the games in Oakland? Because winning 6 of 34 since 2001 is just plain ridiculous for even the worst MLB club to perform that poorly in a stadium.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)

I think your post in general is completely accurate, but the key points are the third to last and final sentences. More specifically, the main reason this team indeed isn't THAT good is because we aren't a high level I.Q. team. If we were simply average to slightly above average in terms of baseball common sense during games, we'd be half a dozen games better recordwise IMO.

Thinking about it, in the first inning that Quentin hit was pretty lucky having it land, Thome hit a blooper after Dye's hard hit. Even with scoring 3 runs in the first, we had 2 hard hits with Pierzynski and Dye. It doesn't make much of a difference because we lost, but we didn't hit well at all. And we had 3 outs on the bases plus 1 costly error.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
No, it's because we scored something like 9 runs in 4 games in Toronto earlier this year in the 4 game sweep they gave us.

Or giving away three or four run leads twice in Minnesota, once against KC and now this game.

And even though Liriano is only throwing 89-92 and his slider's at 81-83 instead of 90, nobody can beat the guy...well, at least the bad teams are laying down for him so far.