CHW @ OAK 2:55

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're supposed to face something like four consecutive left-handers, so it's not the best idea in the world for him to sit for 4 games if we expect him to have any timing at all next week. And it's not like Thome has been that great against lefties the last couple of seasons anyway.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I'm going to do something I haven't done for a long time and not watch the game today, too damn stressful to do right now. Hopefully we get a win as I watch the olympics. GO SOX!!!

will there even be good olympics on at that time

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
I remember a weekend set in Oakland towards the end of 2006. Needs to not happen again.

I remember that, it was when I officially gave up on that season and knew we had no chance for the playoffs that year.

Don't know why I'd wanna remember, but I looked up the box scores on baseball-reference.com, Loazia beat us in the first game, then in the second game, Big Frank hit a two-run homer off Javy in the 6th to cut it to a one-run game, then drew the GW bases-loaded walk off MacDOugal in the 7th to win....that pretty much ended our reign as defending World Champs... :bang