CHW @ OAK 2:55

Ummmm....talking about no advance scouting.

That's just crazy. Maybe with the A's out of playoff contention, they've given up looking at other teams...at least they should video/satellite or something. Good God, that's a horrible decision.

Still think it was a bad decision...but it worked out for them. Can either team get a big hit with RISP?

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Twice the home plate ump called a check swing strike that wasn't his call. That is for the 1st base ump.

There the home plate umps call unless he grants the appeal. Now that doesn't mean he got them right.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Twice the home plate ump called a check swing strike that wasn't his call.

its ALWAYS his call, he can call it a strike, a ball, or get an appeal...anyway you slice it, its HIS call...and no argument from Lexi so that might tell you something as well

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
Again, we really want to lose this game. Our offense scores early and then shuts down. Let's hope Danks is still out there and can get three more outs. Then give it to Thornton and Jenks.

I think you have to pull Danks.

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Paulie is 4 for 8 with 2 HR vs the pitcher.

Casilla was throwing 97 MPH with a low 90's slider.

There's no reason to take him out against Griffey...there's no way he gets around on that type of heat. Then he could have left Casilla in to get out Konerko. Kind of a weird set of decisions there, but I guess it worked.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
its ALWAYS his call, he can call it a strike, a ball, or get an appeal...anyway you slice it, its HIS call...and no argument from Lexi so that might tell you something as well

I know it's HIS call, but that was close enough where the best angle for making that call comes from the 1st base ump. That is what they teach you in ump school that if it's close, you let your base umpire help you out.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
I still can't believe Carrasco is our 7th inning guy. We basically have a three-man bullpen right now.

He can do the job and most of the time he does get it done. It's just when he's bad, and same for Dootell, he's just real bad

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
I know it's HIS call, but that was close enough where the best angle for making that call comes from the 1st base ump. That is what they teach you in ump school that if it's close, you let your base umpire help you out.

I agree and I know cuz I do ump HS ball, but the reaction by Lexi also tells me he went

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
I agree and I know cuz I do ump HS ball, but the reaction by Lexi also tells me he went

True he didn't put up a stink, but OC did on the other call. I would have liked to see a side angle on the Alexei check swing, but we didn't get it.