CHW @ OAK 2:55

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
I'm sure Devin Hester would be worse.

Or Magic Johnson....the Georgetown Hoyas in the late 80's.....maybe Bill Walton.

UGH...why do teams constantly let both Mauer and Morneau beat them? 1-0 Twins, Mauer homer with two outs and 1-2 count.

Anyone pitching with a hyphenated last name deserves to get hit. Just kidding...just seems strange.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
I remember that, it was when I officially gave up on that season and knew we had no chance for the playoffs that year.

Don't know why I'd wanna remember, but I looked up the box scores on baseball-reference.com, Loazia beat us in the first game, then in the second game, Big Frank hit a two-run homer off Javy in the 6th to cut it to a one-run game, then drew the GW bases-loaded walk off MacDOugal in the 7th to win....that pretty much ended our reign as defending World Champs... :bang

Ahhh yes painful memories...

But i dont think that will happen again for 2 reasons.

1) The A's had an awesome team that year. This year they are in rebuilding mode, so i dont care how bad we have played there in the past, we should definitley win these next 2.

2) The AL Central was too good to overcome any lost ground that year. This year its much different. The Tigers are all but out of it, the Indians and Royals are done and the Twins have a NASTY road trip coming up.

If anything i think this series can help propell us into an extended winning streak.

"On July 30, 2007, Brown shot Kansas City reporter Karen Kornacki in the eye with a BB gun. This happened when Kornacki was talking to his Royals teammate Tony Peña Jr.. The Royals called it "an accident"."

per wikipedia on Emil Brown

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
"On July 30, 2007, Brown shot Kansas City reporter Karen Kornacki in the eye with a BB gun. This happened when Kornacki was talking to his Royals teammate Tony Peña Jr.. The Royals called it "an accident"."

per wikipedia on Emil Brown

I hear Emil's a convicted phelon isn't he, Monty?

Doesn't really say it here?

Well he should be.

On December 14, 2007, Greg Smith was traded to the Oakland Athletics along with Carlos Gonzalez, Brett Anderson, Aaron Cunningham, Dana Eveland, and Chris Carter for Dan Haren and Connor Robertson. Smith made his first major league start on April 9th, 2008, pitching six innings and allowing two earned runs, in an effective start that allowed the Athletics to eventually win.

Interesting.