CHW @ OAK 2:55

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again...just like yesterday.

Looks like we're into our high quality bullpen in the 6th inning today. Thankfully, our "brutal" bottom of the order has come through...or Danks would once again have nothing to show for his fine pitching this year. It's almost criminal he has only 9 victories when Adam Russell is somehow 4-0.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
I know he had said something about looking forward to the return to the Coliseum. Maybe he is just trying to hard.

I wonder if he will get to play tomorrow against Gio?

I imagine so, as I don't think you want Griffey trying to cover that huge CF in Oakland...and Griffey just hasn't been hitting, so pencil Swish in for CF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)

I imagine so, as I don't think you want Griffey trying to cover that huge CF in Oakland...and Griffey just hasn't been hitting, so pencil Swish in for CF.

Godd question. Maybe Griffey will casue I think Ozzie plans on resting Thome. Sp we DH's? Maybe Anderson gets to play CF tomorrow? Swisher could cover first and Konerko DH

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)

Yup, Swisher played a lot in that outfield too.

Cabrera and Dye really hit those balls well with nothing to show for it.

Wow...didn't realize Juan had more doubles than Konerko. Just more evidence of Konerko's struggles this season...hopefully/finally he's coming out of it, it appears. At least there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

Ooops...GIDP. So much for that rally.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
I want speed so guys can go to 1st and 3rd.

Well, I think we'll sacrifice a little speed for Quentin's homers!

The other problem is when we lose Cabrera, Ramirez might be our best potential basestealer, and he's more raw in that area of his game than Willie Harris.

Getz has decent speed, but I don't think many project him as much more than 10 sb's at the major league level.