CHW @ OAK 2:55

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Why would you waste your time posting that. Yoou might be right but to post sweeping statements so early in game two of the series is dumb and a waste of your typing.

If we did indeed lose both games he could say at least to himself, "See? I was right! I know so much about baseball."

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we should thank Frank Thomas for four outs already this game. Wow...part of me was expecting a Grand Slam the way things were going that inning. Danks seems to be trying to be too fine...and it's hard to blame him, because with our bullpen and his general lack of run support all season long, he is fighting for every single run out there.

If we did indeed lose both games he could say at least to himself, "See? I was right! I know so much about baseball."

-----

I'm as pessimistic as the next guy, but so many posters need to rewatch the movie Major League and realize they are that character who always assumes the Indians will lose. That funny guy. I forget his name. He was also in the Vacation movies.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
I gotta go back to an overriding theme that I ahve brought for a couple of years now. the advanced scouting on this team is either nonexistent or the execution is not htere.

To continue to belabor a point, if a guy can not hit an offspeed pitch even if he knows it is coming, throw it. The Sox seem to think, "well he thinks a pitch he can not hit is coming, so let's throw a pitch he can hit as he won't expect it." and said player ets a hit.

this is just plain sad.

Well, whatever we're doing with Emil Brown, we need to stop it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
I wonder if Paulie could turn into a doubles hitter this late in his career. He seems to be skinny now with a slower bat. Maybe it's just my eyes failing me.

I'm just going to hope it's a lingering effect from the wrist and rib problems. Either one of them can really mess up your swing. Now I think it has become a mental thing where he's thinking too much....ahead on the off-speed stuff and way behind on fastballs, and "average" fastballs. Konerko and Carlos Lee used to be the best fastball hitters on our team. Now it's probably Ramirez and Quentin I guess...and Thome? I don't know, I haven't seen any games this year from here in Thailand, just have to go off Farmer/Stone/McDowell/Ventura, etc.

5-4 Twins. Icihiro up with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. Nice comeback M's. The Twins' bullpen has the same exact issues as ours. Crain out. I assume they'll bring in Reyes or Breslow against Ichiro.

Edited by caulfield12