Uh, yeah, we won....

Cali

Our schedule has been pretty easy since Boston. Too bad we blew last night's game. At least we won today despite playing so-so ball. Great pitching though. Thanks Seattle for rolling over and dying in Minnie. It's pretty obvious you are gonna get swept. Thanks for the help, M's.

f*** ya...thats a winner. This team is going through the motions and still finding ways to win. They've found ways to lose too, but they are a playoff caliber team (talent wise). They should get Linebrink back eventually and that should be a great acquisition for September.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
Danks truly is an ace in the making! ;) He is getting out of jams and that is key of becoming a successful pitcher in this league. Alittle more offense would have been nice but a win is a win. Lets take tommororw and hope to get some help from the Mariners...

A little more execution with runners on base is more like it. Just like always, the Sox have such a hard time getting runs across the plate in Oakland even when they get a lot of hits

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
they got one in Oakland, so that should mean something atleast

Amen to that...

With Sox wins in Oakland about as common as Haley's Comet sightings, today is cause for celebration.

QUOTE (SoCalSouthSider59 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
:headbang :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :headbang

To actually not get swept in this series is an absolute thrill. If we win tomorrow I will be shocked to do this against Oakland at their place and it would have to be a surprise to Minny as well....you know they had to expect us getting swept here as we never win in Oakland. This is a HUGE win for us I am surprised more on this board don't recognize this.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)
To actually not get swept in this series is an absolute thrill. If we win tomorrow I will be shocked to do this against Oakland at their place and it would have to be a surprise to Minny as well....you know they had to expect us getting swept here as we never win in Oakland. This is a HUGE win for us I am surprised more on this board don't recognize this.

Oakland has been playing some terrible baseball as of late and I think a lot of us, me included expected a good start, I'll take 2-1.

Just got back from demolition derby.

Watched the first six innings and the inconsistency of this teams offense is sickening.

The A's are not good...to talk about not getting swept and being happy to have won 2-1 is pathetic and just sad.

I am fine with the split but the stupid and sloppy play is maddening.

They need to wake up or October baseball will be a myth come mid-September.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Just got back from demolition derby.

Watched the first six innings and the inconsistency of this teams offense is sickening.

The A's are not good...to talk about not getting swept and being happy to have won 2-1 is pathetic and just sad.

I am fine with the split but the stupid and sloppy play is maddening.

They need to wake up or October baseball will be a myth come mid-September.

In case you were wondering, the team won...the offense was inconsistent as it usually is but thanks to the pitching, they won. The offense is disturbing but the pitching performance was promising. Danks is a stud.