Since we're talking all-time favorite Sox players...

thedoctor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50's: Harry "Suitcase" Simpson, Ron Northey

60's: Danny Cater, Dave Nicholson, Cisco Carlos, Jim Lemon, Wes Covington

70's: Buddy Bradford, Rich McKinney, John "Pineapple" Matias, Bill Nahorodny

80's: Dennis Lamp, Steve Lyons, Wayne Edwards

90s: Warren Newson, Lyle Mouton,

00s: Charles Johnson, Jeff Liefer, Cal Eldred, Sean Lowe

To name just a few.

Also Matt Ginter. Great story about him. When my family and I were in Anaheim for vacation when the Sox played there in '01, we stayed at the same hotel as the Sox. So I was trying to get all the autographs I could, as were others. I was about the only person there who knew who Ginter was (at this time he had a bright red beard) and so I asked him. Then people came behind me after they saw me getting his autograph and tried to get his. But they didn't know who he was. So they just asked if they could have his autograph and he responded, "what's my name?" and they didn't know. So he started ramlbing about how you going to ask for my autograph and not even know me, but in a joking manner. He eventually gave them his autograph and in general was a really nice guy. Also, I met Bobby Howry who was there with his parents and as much as people hate the guy, he could be the nicest ball player ever. He was real nice to us and talked to us for about five minutes, as well his parents were real nice. But yeah, I love me some Matt Ginter.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
carlos castillo may very well be the sloppiest looking pro athlete i've ever seen.

he literally ate himself out of the league... we saw him in 2003 back down in Winston Salem, it was actually kind of sad.

lve4.jpg

Little image of his gut here.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 03:33 AM)
he literally ate himself out of the league... we saw him in 2003 back down in Winston Salem, it was actually kind of sad.

lve4.jpg

Little image of his gut here.

"little" image?

:D