Kyle Orton To Start The Season For Da Bears

What's sad about this is that Orton actually did nothing to step up and "earn" the job, he got it by default because neither one stepped up.

It doesnt matter who is the QB this year because both will suck horribly behind this line.

I can't bemoan the choice... but it doesn't really matter, as stated earlier this team is going to be brutal. I hope someone finds this post as the Bears begin a playoff run and makes me eat some major crow, but I think this is going to be f***ing ugly all year long.

By the way all Orton did was win this year's scapegoat contest. It will not matter if it is Rex or Orton stinking it up out there because it will be the O-line's fault, but your average meathead fan doesn't get all that and will just blame the most visible thing they can see.

This doesn't matter. This team will suck no matter who is at quarterback and I don't think this team will be good again at all until somebody other than Orton or Grossman is at quarterback. The quarterback of the next good Chicago Bears football team isn't on the roster yet, and he might not even be in the league yet.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:43 AM)
Better install a shotgun offense for Orton.

Oh a thought occurred.

Did you just state that you want a QB with no arm, to move back 15 more feet to throw the ball?

I'm just trying to take that in without spit-taking my computer monitor with water.

This team could be worse than 5-11. Easily. They have the worst offense in the NFL, and the defense, although talented, is another thing: rich. Do you really think all these defensive players who already have their money are going to play balls out when this team is out of it by Thanksgiving, if not earlier? Neither do I.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (TCQ @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
HANIE! HANIE! HANIE!

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
^^^

yeah that

Did Hanie play any OL in college? Otherwise, please stop, this is kind of embarrassing.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:25 AM)
orton can actually step up and get a throw off in the face of pressure....this is a good decision

And throw it 5 yards over his WR's head, or several yards in front of his feet where at least no DB can get it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 11:39 PM)
Oh a thought occurred.

Did you just state that you want a QB with no arm, to move back 15 more feet to throw the ball?

I'm just trying to take that in without spit-taking my computer monitor with water.

At least he will have more than 1.5 seconds before getting sacked. We really should just change to an option offense and let amobile QB take the reigns so at least he cna escape pressure.

It seemed from the start of camp this was going to happen. Despite the talk of an open competition I think they had decided beforehand Grossman was just a cheap insurance policy as backup and they were going to see what Orton could do after a couple years on the sidelines. Grossman is close to gone, and if Orton doesnt prove himself with this opportunity he will be relegated to backup or gone as well and they will go in a new direction at QB.

For the record, Orton does NOT have a bad arm. Anyone who watches closely or has seen him play in college or even been to a practice while he's been on the Bears or Boilermakers would know this. Until his rookie season, he had always been known to the masses as a strong armed quarterback. Rex has a special kind of arm between his ability to throw it deep and hit the out on a line and with accuracy and in those raw respects he exceeds Orton. However, Orton has a rather strong arm. I think people must think he doesn't because of the tentativeness he threw with in his rookie season and his refusal to go to downfield options in that same season. In terms of raw ability, however, if you were gunning Rex's and Kyle's throws with a radar and had them throw as far as they could, they would not be far apart.

link

Lindsay Lohan thinks Kyle Orton is ‘’super-hot”

August 25, 2008 – 2:14 pm by King Ing

Lindsay Lohan was in Chicago for “girlfriend” Samantha Ronson’s monthly party at Crimson Lounge. There they saw Chicago Bears starting quarterback doing him best Timberlake.

“Also spied dancing with an attractive blonde at Crimson Lounge: new Bears quarterback Kyle Orton — dubbed ‘’super-hot” by Lohan, Ronson and Lauper, who all admired the NFL player’s dance-floor moves.”

Can this even be possible? “Neckbeard” is “super-hot?”

Even more important, isn’t Orton married? Someone in the Chi-city is not going to be happy.

orton-300x225.jpg

+

Lindsay_Lohan_-_rs_964965_People_of_the_

just doesn't add up.