And thats a white sox winner!!

letsgoarow

The amazing thing is Duke went down for the A's early in the game and Saarloos (just recalled from the minors) did the Carraco-esque yeoman's effort and held the Twins off.

I think it was only the second time in the past 10 home series that the Twins have lost the opener, and the other time they did, they came back to win the final two to get the series win.

That Ziegler guy is pretty amazing (he was pitching in independent ball, then changed his delivery to come from the side)...although he did give up a two run triple to Mauer, he held on for the save over the final two innings.

Also, the Twins might have had a significant injury to Adam Everett. It might seem like a small thing, because his offense isn't very good at all, but he's a great defender and having to play Harris there every day will cause some problems. Supposedly, Alexi Casilla will be back soon though. He's a very good looking young player, although I think Ramirez is still much better.

Edited by caulfield12

I know it's old news now, but I was so happy when my Dad came back from a Twins minor league game in Rochester to report that Cuddyer left the game (as we all know now with the broken foot). He grew up in Iowa as a Twins fan while my Mom's side of the family is all Cubs fans. Luckily Frank Thomas showed me the light at a young age and I got on board.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
I know it's old news now, but I was so happy when my Dad came back from a Twins minor league game in Rochester to report that Cuddyer left the game (as we all know now with the broken foot). He grew up in Iowa as a Twins fan while my Mom's side of the family is all Cubs fans. Luckily Frank Thomas showed me the light at a young age and I got on board.

I think the Twins are actually better off with Span in RF.

He is much more athletic, he plays very strong defense...I know he saved at least one of the M's games offensively and defensively at Safeco...he can steal a base and he doesn't strike out over and over again. Cuddyer had a very good year offensively in 2007, but with Kubel's continuing progress, I don't think it's quite so important that he be in the line-up for them to be tough.

Interesting stat, last ten games for the A's in the Dome, 1-9 record for Oakland. I think we should consider ourselves fortunate they won at least one of the three games there.

Yea someone earlier in the year had a quote about Toby Hall being the guy who thought he was hilarious and everyone just tolerated but couldn't really stand when he over did it, he drives me crazy; but he bats ok when in the lineup... but the pies have got to stop.every.single.game. Save it for the big ones if you want to be cute and clever, Tobes.

Computer crashed the other night so I'm using a friend's.

Just got home from the game, it was awesome. Loved the MVP chants for Q...Swisher was great and so was Alexei. Going to be tough with Hernandez going for them tomorrow, but let's go out there, pull out another W, and hopefully Oakland helps us just 1 more time.

Q 4 MVP

LEXEI 4 ROY

Very nice day of baseball, indeed. Was glad to see us take care of business in a game we had to get given tomorrow's pitching matchup.

BTW, Clayton Richard has no f'n business starting a game for the White Sox this season. It's ridiculous starting him tomorrow in a tight pennant race against Felix Hernandez. At least Broadway has been competent in his start, even if it was just smoke and mirrors.

Edited by Frankensteiner

OK...I say we bring this one out in the open in regards to the brain fart in the 1st. I've had a discussion with another member via PMs...but yet in a condescending manner was told I'm a complete idiot.

The play...ground ball back to Mark. OC converging on 2nd with Lexi as well. Technically I think OC has the better shot but pulls up for some reason from my view. I understand there needed to be communication there before the play started as to who's covering...but Mark did what he's supposed to do and throws at the base since it seemed both were getting there (and a great throw too btw). But to say he threw to the wrong guy?!?! Anybody else want to chime in and not sound like a condescending @#$%......