Jose Valentin

Chisoxfn

Folks, I'm going to concede and say he should be here next year. I don't think he should start everyday, but I am starting to like Manos. Yep, it took me 3 seasons but when he's playing at short only he seems to do pretty good. I don't think he's the future and do see him as an ultimate utility man, but he does a lot of things well.

Of course I only like him when he's playing decent d, which he has done the past month and when he isn't striking out cause I hate strikeout hitters.

Other then that he's a good leader, has great power, and is great on the basepaths.

Yep folks, I'll admit, I don't mind him that much anymore, especially since Harris has done jack crap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Folks, I'm going to concede and say he should be here next year.  I don't think he should start everyday, but I am starting to like Manos.  Yep, it took me 3 seasons but when he's playing at short only he seems to do pretty good.  I don't think he's the future and do see him as an ultimate utility man, but he does a lot of things well.

Of course I only like him when he's playing decent d, which he has done the past month and when he isn't striking out cause I hate strikeout hitters.

Other then that he's a good leader, has great power, and is great on the basepaths.

Yep folks, I'll admit, I don't mind him that much anymore, especially since Harris has done jack crap.

This is what I've been saying all season Chisoxfn and I just talked to RPS about it on Saturday. Does Valentin make errors? Yes. But I think what he brings to the table in terms of attitude, leadership, and drive make up for his deficiencies defensively. We were able to win the Division despite all the errors with him at SS in 2000. Harris has shown that he is not ready to hit major league pitching. Jimenez has looked good but who knows what he will look like at the beginning of next year. Jimenez hasn't been in the ML's long enough to guarantee a good start. Lose Manos, and your stuck, right now, with Jimenez and Harris (maybe Hummel if one struggles) in 2003. Manos will, IMHO, be a better player next year when 1.) he knows he's the starting SS, and 2.) he knows he will be playing everyday.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol jason we are turning you to the manos side??? i knew you would come around sooner or later....one thing about manos and i think cubkilla touched on it was his ability to be the look up to guy for these youngsters.... yeah he makes errors but his bat makes up for those...its his attitude and leadership qualities which pumps up these young guys to get out there and perform to the best of their abilities each nite..... gotta love that manos....and his bat has been rather hot lately....

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

lol jason we are turning you to the manos side??? i knew you would come around sooner or later....one thing about manos and i think cubkilla touched on it was his ability to be the look up to guy for these youngsters.... yeah he makes errors but his bat makes up for those...its his attitude and leadership qualities which pumps up these young guys to get out there and perform to the best of their abilities each nite..... gotta love that manos....and his bat has been rather hot lately....

i coouldn't have said it better......... excellant.

i am glad fn is starting to come to the good side.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and unlike other teammates in his past. .you will never hear manos say im not moving over for anyone....if anything he will be more than willing to go wherever you put him......

Guest hotsoxchick1

harris still has time to imporve.. but he better do something quickly because we have miles down below tearing up the minors.... i think hes my next guy to pick for following next season....provided olivo makes the roster for the sox.....

I've always stood by Jose V while ripping the dog, Royce.

Jose V played short the year we won the division by 20 games. Since they moved him we've sucked.

He hasn't complained much.

I think we need some vets to go with the youngsters and he is one of em.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he started off looking like that.. but....i dont know, hes cooled off a bit...is he playing winter ball has anyone heard? i know crede and borchard and olivo are....anyone else anyones heard of playing this winter????

he started off looking like that.. but....i dont know, hes cooled off a bit...is he playing winter ball has anyone heard? i know crede and borchard and olivo are....anyone else anyones heard of playing this winter????

I believe that Harris, Valentin, and Crede...I'm not sure about Olivo...are all playing on the same winter ball team. I have not heard anything about Jiminez playing or anything but it would be nice to see him play.

and unlike other teammates in his past. .you will never hear manos say im not moving over for anyone....if anything he will be more than willing to go wherever you put him......

Of COURSE he will - he used to play in MILWAUKEE!!

"Yoo con poot mee anyware esept Meelwowkee!!!!":D

Guest hotsoxchick1

Of COURSE he will - he used to play in MILWAUKEE!!

"Yoo con poot mee anyware esept Meelwowkee!!!!":D

yikes only if we can turn back the hands of time and get to that happy place where we first gave them navarro for him and eldred....lol....seems we had better days to come back then......lol

Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

I believe that Harris, Valentin, and Crede...I'm not sure about Olivo...are all playing on the same winter ball team. I have not heard anything about Jiminez playing or anything but it would be nice to see him play.

finally someone who may agree with me on olivio. whew.

• 1 year later...