8/20 Mariners vs White Sox 1:05 PM CDT - WGN

Metz

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'd imagine this is one of those games where we ought to tip our hats to Greg Walker for having the team prepped to face a pitcher throwing stuff they haven't seen much. Dickey doesn't exactly have great numbers, but his ERA has shot up by a half a run this inning.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
You know, I'd imagine this is one of those games where we ought to tip our hats to Greg Walker for having the team prepped to face a pitcher throwing stuff they haven't seen much. Dickey doesn't exactly have great numbers, but his ERA has shot up by a half a run this inning.

You're right, I was one of the people calling for his firing early in the year and the offense has looked a lot better.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)

That's fine except Dickey threw mostly fastballs because he couldn't locate a knuckler. But, they did wait out a few knucklers to get to the fastballs, so I guess I'll tip my cap.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
ARAM!!!!

F*-you Longoria, the rookie of the year plays on the south side of Chicago...

Seriously.. if Alexei keeps this up, he's got it.. is Longoria still out? if so, is he out for the rest of the year?

Oh yeah.. also.. I love 6 run leads in the first inning.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
Twins still up 2-1, top of the 5th, but Liriano has 87 pitches already through 4...with the way that bullpen has been other than Reyes & Nathan, hope we can get the lead to two games before that long Twins road trip

Anyone hear a scouting report on Lirano this year? One of the ESPN "experts" said he still is effective, but you can't confuse his stuff with what he had 2 years ago.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
Anyone hear a scouting report on Lirano this year? One of the ESPN "experts" said he still is effective, but you can't confuse his stuff with what he had 2 years ago.

I'd agree with this...his fastball is about 91, and his slider has significantly less tilt. I think Liriano's benefitted by facing some crappy lineups since he returned.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
I'd agree with this...his fastball is about 91, and his slider has significantly less tilt. I think Liriano's benefitted by facing some crappy lineups since he returned.

I've also read he isnt using his fastball nearly as much as he did a couple years ago. With his current pitch count, Oakland will probably have 4 innings of the Twinkies pen.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
With the off day tomorrow the entire bullpen can pitch.

I'd really rather not push them...just about everyone in that pen could use an extra day or two of rest. It'd be dynamite if Gavin could go 7+ and we wind up only having to throw Russell out there to finish things off.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
I've also read he isnt using his fastball nearly as much as he did a couple years ago. With his current pitch count, Oakland will probably have 4 innings of the Twinkies pen.

107 pitches through 5 innings

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)

Is their pen, outside of Nathan, still having issues?