8/20 Mariners vs White Sox 1:05 PM CDT - WGN

Metz

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Nice AJ! I'd stop first pitch swinging up this big though. That can cause some teams to start throwing at you

I thought it was the other way around. Up big, swing away to keep things moving. Odds are you will hit it at somebody more often than not. Bunting, walking, squeeze plays, etc. seem like more beanable offenses in a rout.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
unbelievable the way this team's playing that they aren't gaining ground on MN, need to hope we can keep up this level of play while they're on that road trip

or I guess even better we can stop worrying about MN and hope TB or Boston slips to open the WC to the central

would love to see those obnoxious arrogant red sox fans cry themselves to sleep if they missed the playoffs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)
What's wrong with Thome? Sorry, I just woke up (it's 310 am in the morning here) and noticed he was pulled from the line-up. Haven't had the time to read through the whole game thread.

Jim Thome was scratched from Wednesday afternoon's starting lineup against Seattle as a precautionary measure due to slight soreness in his right leg. Thome was available to pinch-hit.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
unbelievable the way this team's playing that they aren't gaining ground on MN, need to hope we can keep up this level of play while they're on that road trip

or I guess even better we can stop worrying about MN and hope TB or Boston slips to open the WC to the central

Nothing wrong with that. If the Sox hang on to win the division, nobody can ever say they didn't earn it :gosox1: