DJ's Home Run Call

Cali

That "going goiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing GONE!" with whatever he tries to blurt out before he has to say it? Yeah I hate that. I would rather hump a cheese grater than be forced to listen to a DJ home run call.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (oralsoxpodcast @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Yeah, DJ has gotten better and doesn't bother me anymore. True his calls aren't that great, but anything's better than when he used to just say "Uh Oh."

I love Robin Ventura. Don't get me wrong. But can't we get a decent play by play man? Farmer was much better as color. Now he just annoys me.

"Uh oh, OH MY" was so bad it was awesome.

The "Going-going-gone" thing seems rehearsed and fake.

QUOTE (oralsoxpodcast @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Yeah, DJ has gotten better and doesn't bother me anymore. True his calls aren't that great, but anything's better than when he used to just say "Uh Oh."

I love Robin Ventura. Don't get me wrong. But can't we get a decent play by play man? Farmer was much better as color. Now he just annoys me.

bring back rooney! then put stone in the tv booth. now that would be awesome!

IMO "UH OHHHHH BYE BYE!!" was corny but yet catchy.... the "Going-Going-GONE!" does seem fake... I wonder if Hawk made him stop saying "UH OOOOOOH" I actually had everyone at my old work say that all the time lmao.... Good memories... maybe if we write and sign a petition DJ will say it down the stretch...the White Sox organization is great at responding to mass Sox fan requests...

I'd hate to see DJ just get shown the door and all...and not sure if he'd want to do this or not...but if the Sox are serious about this move just switch Stone and DJ. For as sick as I get listening to DJ polly-parrot Hawk a lot of times...having Extra-Innings and listening to some of these other guys makes me say "he ain't THAT bad".... Stoney belongs on TV though. He'd pretty much keep Hawk reeled in from going off on his nostalgia stories inning after inning.

Apples and Oranges, I know, but driving down to Florida a couple weeks back, I was listening to Sox@KC on XM with KC's call. After that, I recognized that what we have here is fine no matter how lame the catch phrases and homerisms are. And plus we have Ed Farmer which ought to make up for 1000 Chris Singletons, DJ's, or Hawks. (I love all three of em, but a lot of you don't).

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
Ventura to radio would be amazing. Keep him away from Hawk though, he would just constantly suck up to Robin during games.

What if we hired carl yastremski to jus sit in the booth and not say a word, and put ventura next to him... Would hawks head explode, and if so would DJ be able to continue the broadcast covered in hawks brain juices...ideas?

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Apples and Oranges, I know, but driving down to Florida a couple weeks back, I was listening to Sox@KC on XM with KC's call. After that, I recognized that what we have here is fine no matter how lame the catch phrases and homerisms are. And plus we have Ed Farmer which ought to make up for 1000 Chris Singletons, DJ's, or Hawks. (I love all three of em, but a lot of you don't).

I think you were referring to radio, but Kansas City's TV booth is so, so boring.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
What if we hired carl yastremski to jus sit in the booth and not say a word, and put ventura next to him... Would hawks head explode, and if so would DJ be able to continue the broadcast covered in hawks brain juices...ideas?

Hahaha, great freaking post. :lolhitting

QUOTE (TCQ @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)

do you do autographs?

QUOTE (TCQ @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)

The plan's not complete without the frozen head of Ted Williams doing color commentary.