Gene Upshaw, Dead At Age 63

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
Unfortunately, that's pancreatic cancer. Once you have it...that's just about it. Sad. RIP.

Ya my grandma died of that earlier this year (she was pretty much gone for other reasons anyways) but no one even knew she had pancreatic cancer till just a couple weeks before she died and it was a fluke they even were checking that part of her body when they found it. Fortunately it is a rare cancer, because it is something like 90% fatal

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:48 AM)
Ya my grandma died of that earlier this year (she was pretty much gone for other reasons anyways) but no one even knew she had pancreatic cancer till just a couple weeks before she died and it was a fluke they even were checking that part of her body when they found it. Fortunately it is a rare cancer, because it is something like 90% fatal

Isn't that what Patrick Swayzee has?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
So will this effect the players union stances on any issues when someone else becomes head of the union?

I'm sure it will, and to be as blunt as I can without being disrespectful to Upshaw, I'm not so sure that's a bad thing for the players... they were starting to get a little fed up with his leadership

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
I'm sure it will, and to be as blunt as I can without being disrespectful to Upshaw, I'm not so sure that's a bad thing for the players... they were starting to get a little fed up with his leadership

yep, not a popular guy among players......especially former players