GTA4Real

Cerbaho-WG

Well, it will be about 5 years or so the PS2 has been out in 05 and with technology advancing each year they gotta keep up...

Don't know what it will do, faster CPU and all that s***... :headbang

And hopefully a better DVD player. My PS2 is on its last limbs, so this new system couldn't come at a better time. I'm guessing this will be the last Madden on the system.

They say that the PS2 is just experimenting with the online thing and that PS3 online is going to be unbelievable. I have no idea what they can do other then better graphics, better DVD player, better internet, better CPU, etc.

well its a pain in the ass when those new things come out.. cause you know the kids bug the hell out of me till i buy them one.......so far in the closet we have a nintendo, a super nintendo, a regular playstation, some cube thing...they are currently playing the ps2 thing... a few game boys, and some other game boy like thing...cause they play the whatever it is thats better than the game boy thing... hell i cant keep up... i remeber back when pong kept us busy and entertained for hours at a time.. hell it was just two sticks hitting a ball back and forth on the tv screene...... i am begining to hate this modern technology s***..... :rolleyes:

Ha, that's nothing...I got stashed away in the ole closet...My Atari 2600, my NES system, my Sega Genises, Super NES, PS, Sega Dreamcast, and currently my PS2...

Along with my GameBoy and GameBoy Color...Not really into handheld systems :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Well, it will be about 5 years or so the PS2 has been out in 05 and with technology advancing each year they gotta keep up...

And hopefully a better DVD player. My PS2 is on its last limbs, so this new system couldn't come at a better time. I'm guessing this will be the last Madden on the system.

They say that the PS2 is just experimenting with the online thing and that PS3 online is going to be unbelievable. I have no idea what they can do other then better graphics, better DVD player, better internet, better CPU, etc.

well its a pain in the ass when those new things come out.. cause you know the kids bug the hell out of me till i buy them one.......so far in the closet we have a nintendo, a super nintendo, a regular playstation, some cube thing...they are currently playing the ps2 thing... a few game boys, and some other game boy like thing...cause they play the whatever it is thats better than the game boy thing... hell i cant keep up... i remeber back when pong kept us busy and entertained for hours at a time.. hell it was just two sticks hitting a ball back and forth on the tv screene...... i am begining to hate this modern technology s***..... :rolleyes:

Ha, that's nothing...I got stashed away in the ole closet...My Atari 2600, my NES system, my Sega Genises, Super NES, PS, Sega Dreamcast, and currently my PS2...

Along with my GameBoy and GameBoy Color...Not really into handheld systems :lol:

yeah well it aggervates me to no end.. i have all this out dated technical s*** hanging around for just in case.. the kids wont let me toss it out......i was like im sure that theres some kids who would appreciate this s*** not to mention the millions of games that go with it.....and they just wont let it go.........one of these days (as i keep threatening) im gonna toss all of it.......make room for the ps2,3,10,20 and whatever else comes down the line in later years........when do you guys grow out of this s*** anyhow.... i figured with two teens now that they would be more interested in girls or something else other than the damn games........ :rolleyes:

Well Gash, all of those specs went right over my head.  Only part I could understand is 48th fastest computer in the world (By Todays Standards).  That part sounded pretty cool.

What?? Mr. Computer guy?!?! :lol:

Glad I'm not alone..I'm computer illiterate so that s*** went skyhigh over my head :o

yeah well it aggervates me to no end.. i have all this out dated technical s*** hanging around for just in case.. the kids wont let me toss it out......i was like im sure that theres some kids who would appreciate this s*** not to mention the millions of games that go with it.....and they just wont let it go.........one of these days (as i keep threatening) im gonna toss all of it.......make room for the ps2,3,10,20 and whatever else comes down the line in later years........when do you guys grow out of this s*** anyhow.... i figured with two teens now that they would be more interested in girls or something else other than the damn games........ :rolleyes:

You'll be buying them games and systems until you finally decide that you won't pay for them anymore.

If they aren't yet, they will become more interested in girls then games.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You'll be buying them games and systems until you finally decide that you won't pay for them anymore. 

lol well i hope it happens soon.. im sick of these games......but it makes for a good grounding tool....lol.........

lol well i hope it happens soon.. im sick of these games......but it makes for a good grounding tool....lol.........

As long as they aren't playing them every minute then you should be cool.

I think I was one of the first generations to grow up with video games and computers, but the big thing I notice is the younger generations aren't like my generation was.

With us or at least my buddies we had video games and stuff but we'd do it when none of our buddies were around. Otherwise we would always be outside having water fights, playing baseball or soccer or some other sport or trying to build forts and crap.

Now a days kids are like nah, I don't want to do that, I'd rather play football on a video game then in real life. I think its one of the biggest reason more and more people are an unhealthy weight.

I don't buy into this, "Its McDonalds Fault" crap. No one said you had to eat it. I also don't really buy into the Tobacco companies getting sued for all this stuff. Only reason they would be sued is for those that were addicted at the point where the cigarette company knew it killed people but never told anyone.

The people that start it now and know all the consequences, well its their fault if they die of lung cancer not the tobacco companies. They should also be sued for attempts at getting children to smoke.

I haven't tossed any of my systems...There's something about a boy and his video game systems...I feel very nostalgic about the Atari's and NES, so I still have them and they still work..sometimes I play them..haven't ina while though

Well, the older you get the less you play with them..that simple...12, 13, 14 you play the games 3, 4 or 5 hours a day or whatver...16, 17, 18, you play them an hour or two a day(or whatever)

I'm 23 and play my PS2 around 2 times a week(MAYBE 3)..late at night usually....right now i would probably be playing AllStarBaseball 2004..but don't feel like it..

I just use my PS2 mainly for DVDs... :)

As long as they aren't playing them every minute then you should be cool.

I think I was one of the first generations to grow up with video games and computers, but the big thing I notice is the younger generations aren't like my generation was.

With us or at least my buddies we had video games and stuff but we'd do it when none of our buddies were around. Otherwise we would always be outside having water fights, playing baseball or soccer or some other sport or trying to build forts and crap.

Now a days kids are like nah, I don't want to do that, I'd rather play football on a video game then in real life. I think its one of the biggest reason more and more people are an unhealthy weight.

I don't buy into this, "Its McDonalds Fault" crap. No one said you had to eat it. I also don't really buy into the Tobacco companies getting sued for all this stuff. Only reason they would be sued is for those that were addicted at the point where the cigarette company knew it killed people but never told anyone.

The people that start it now and know all the consequences, well its their fault if they die of lung cancer not the tobacco companies. They should also be sued for attempts at getting children to smoke.

Agree with everything you said...it seems like when i was a kid we would be out all freakin day..playing, riding our bikes everywhere and s***...Now a days, you really don't see that, i look twice if Ieven see a bunch a kids riding their bikes around...

I miss those days...

Guest hotsoxchick1

well they dont play it but a couple of hours a day... i wont let them turn to mush playin it all day and nite.. but hell they bug me all the time lol....can we play our games mom... noooooo, i say.......lol.....i just dont see the fasination in them i guess.... and as for using it as a dvd player we have one on the main tv in the living room and they each have one in their rooms with their tv's so thats no excuse to have it on......i can hardly wait till the new one comes out and they hog up my computer time on here lol..........

Agree with everything you said...it seems like when i was a kid we would be out all freakin day..playing, riding our bikes everywhere and s***...Now a days, you really don't see that, i look twice if Ieven see a bunch a kids riding their bikes around...

I miss those days...

Damn now that you bring that up, yoru right I never ever see kids ride their bikes.

Whether it was bikes or rollerblades in the summer that was my only mode of transportation and it worked just fine.

Now that I drive I never even think about riding a bike, but it probably wouldn't be a bad thing. More exercise is never a bad thing.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I miss those days...

Damn now that you bring that up, yoru right I never ever see kids ride their bikes.

Whether it was bikes or rollerblades in the summer that was my only mode of transportation and it worked just fine.

Now that I drive I never even think about riding a bike, but it probably wouldn't be a bad thing. More exercise is never a bad thing.

the kids around here dont ride bikes much either.. i often wonder if half of them even have bikes.. i hardly ever see any kids outside around here and i live right down the street from the school.........i remember when they all had to have scooters, skateboards, roller blades and such.. now they just want to play the ps2's all day.........

Well, the older you get the less you play with them..that simple...12, 13, 14 you play the games 3, 4 or 5 hours a day or whatver...16, 17, 18, you play them an hour or two a day(or whatever)

I'm 23 and play my PS2 around 2 times a week(MAYBE 3)..late at night usually....right now i would probably be playing AllStarBaseball 2004..but don't feel like it..

I just use my PS2 mainly for DVDs...  :)

right as you were saying this i was playing asb2004, i had forgotten how good it was til a couple days ago.

ncaa football 2004 out a week from today (17th) is the next game i plan on getting. everytime i think i've outgrown video games they suck me back in. i don't think i'll ever stop playing them, whether that is a good thing or bad, i don't care to know.

Also, technology has advances so much with the INTERNET and all this s*** that all their entertainment and fun is indoors...When I was 11, 12, 13, 14..we had NES and Sega..no computers and s***...We had to go outside and play..what the hell were we gonna do inside?

When we got home from school...I would eat...then off I went outside to play..till about 7 at night then come inside and we would play the NES and Sega...

and if the weather was bad(snow, rain) then we would play the NES and Sega most of the day...

or like you said..if no one was around we would play the Vgames...

No one goes out to f***in play anymore!!!I ate f***in McDonald's all the time when i was a kid and was fit as hell..that's because you would burn all of those calories the next day..Sheesh, like you said..no wonder everybody's a fat pig!!! Lazy motherf***ers :fyou

Oh sorry.. :D

it's not all video games. some parents won't let kids have any fun anymore. they are so freaked out about child abductions they won't let them out of their sight, they won't let them play with toy guns, etc.

I miss those days...

It's almost amazing...since I say the age of 9 till 16 I lived at an APT complex and you would see 20 or 30 kids riding their bikes everywhere...I had a couple..a 10 speed and a little crappy BMX like bike thing :P

I actually live a couple minutes from that same Apt complex where i lived for 6 years and everyday i drive pass there..you CAN'T find even ONE kid on a bike..not one....I don't even see kids out and about just playing and s***..the little playground they have is always empty...its incredible....

What the hell happened?!?!

it's not all video games. some parents won't let kids have any fun anymore. they are so freaked out about child abductions they won't let them out of their sight, they won't let them play with toy guns, etc.

I remember we would have these Gun battle wars games..was kinda like tag...we had these toy machine guns and with me living in a APT complex, we would just spread out and try to find and kill each other(pretend kill :P ) and we would play that until late at night...nowadays, you'd probably be arrested...s***,

I remember we would have these Gun battle wars games..was kinda like tag...we had these toy machine guns and with me living in a APT complex, we would just spread out and try to find and kill each other(pretend kill :P ) and we would play that until late at night...nowadays, you'd probably be arrested...s***,

yeh i always did stuff like that too, but now they say playing with toy guns makes you violent. i haven't been in a fight in maybe 10 years, i haven't ever fired a real gun, so maybe i am an exception :rolleyes: . but i doubt you have been in an inordinant amount of violence either.

yeh i always did stuff like that too, but now they say playing with toy guns makes you violent. i haven't been in a fight in maybe 10 years, i haven't ever fired a real gun, so maybe i am an exception :rolleyes: . but i doubt you have been in an inordinant amount of violence either.

Not a violent bone in my body...I been in 2 fights in my life, and both cases were self-defense

Never fired a real gun either, don't really want too anyway...It's so ridicules really

"NFL Street  is seven-on-seven street ball showcasing the showoff skills and showboat style of the NFL elite. No helmets, no pads, but all the attitude you'd expect from the game's greats like Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens, Michael Vick, and Marshall Faulk. You can lateral at any time during gameplay, even lateral the ball forward if you want. Holly Roller fumbles are legal, and the playbook is comprised of just as many Hook 'N Ladder passes as it is Post plays."

Ugh.

You know, these games get so boring it's not even funny. The whole concept of these no rules type football games, came from people wanting to do late hits in a game like Madden. That was fun because it wasn't part of the actual game. So when you we're actually able to hit someone after a play it meant something.

Oh, I can hit someone after every play, big deal.

Oh jesus, you sound like an old man. "Back in my day..." :lol:

With us or at least my buddies we had video games and stuff but we'd do it when none of our buddies were around.  Otherwise we would always be outside having water fights, playing baseball or soccer or some other sport or trying to build forts and crap.

Didn't have any buddies growing up, so it was video games for me.

Now a days kids are like nah, I don't want to do that, I'd rather play football on a video game then in real life.  I think its one of the biggest reason more and more people are an unhealthy weight.

No, it's because people eat all the f***ing time. I don't play any sports or do any other activities that require much effort, and I'm skinny.

I don't buy into this, "Its McDonalds Fault" crap.  No one said you had to eat it.  I also don't really buy into the Tobacco companies getting sued for all this stuff.  Only reason they would be sued is for those that were addicted at the point where the cigarette company knew it killed people but never told anyone. 

haha. I love how the thread went from video games, to Jason ranting on the children of america. As far as smoking goes, people smoke because they want to, not because the marbolo man makes it look cool.

I miss those days...

I'm the opposite, I'm hate it when I look outside and see kids. Maybe that's because they'll make fun of me? I could always run them down in my car though. ;)