You Make the Diagnosis

Texsox

While I wait for my Doctor's appointment, let's play Doctor.

I started presenting with lower right side abdominal pain after moderate exertion. This had been going on for a couple months, gradually getting worse. It was localized slightly below my belly button. My Dr. decided that is was probably the early signs of a hernia. Yippee! Let's all turn our heads and cough! Now, it suddenly moved to the left side only, and then to both sides. It is intermittent paid, about a 3 on a 1-10 scale. I have not been able to correlate it to food, drink, or anything like that.

I'll be seeing him in a couple weeks, but in the meantime, what's the diagnosis?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Does it hurt when you push on the upper left part of your abdominal area? If so, go get a CT-scan of your appendix.

Its seems to low for that.It could possibly be kidney stones unless it is ONLY pain with exertion than that is not likely.He will surely be making a trip to the CT scan though to rule out the serious s***.

this is bad idea t ask for a diagnoses. I speak from experience.

Early last year, I was given some medication from my doctor that really messed with my stomach. Then I started to have odd symptoms and "normal' things seems unusual. I freaked out. I had myself diagnosed with everything from acid reflux to several deadly diseases including leukemia, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and who knows what else.. I had myself convinced I would be dead in less than 6 months. I should NEVER have gone to WebMD. In the end, it was nothing. The medication severely messed up my system, specifically my liver, and it took almost a 10 months to fully return to normal. I'm still alive and healthy, though WAY over weight. lol so, maybe not so healthy. lol

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)

Early last year, I was given some medication from my doctor that really messed with my stomach. Then I started to have odd symptoms and "normal' things seems unusual. I freaked out. I had myself diagnosed with everything from acid reflux to several deadly diseases including leukemia, pancreatic cancer, lymphoma, and who knows what else.. I had myself convinced I would be dead in less than 6 months. I should NEVER have gone to WebMD. In the end, it was nothing. The medication severely messed up my system, specifically my liver, and it took almost a 10 months to fully return to normal. I'm still alive and healthy, though WAY over weight. lol so, maybe not so healthy. lol

He's making fun of me for determining guilt with the crazy terrorist-in-training over in the filibuster without benefit of the court documents or being a lawyer. But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
In my estimation you will soon see the head of an alien pushing itself out from your belly.....

Or this.

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Let me ask you this.How large are your balls?

Actually they seem to have not changed in size, except there was some pain on the right side when the pain was on my right side.

ATH, thanks for the concern, but I will not be going off the deep end based on this diagnosis. I was actually considering writing an article about various diagnosis and a random post on an internet message board was one of the diagnosis I thought I would include.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)

This story reminds me of myself for quite awhile. When I was younger the eldest son of my mom's friend died of a brain tumor; in 5th grade a classmate died of a brain hemorrhage; in 8th grade a classmate died after complications suffered in an ATV accident; and as a junior in high school an old junior high friend died in a automobile accident. It's one issue to experience death from older relatives, but when people your age are dying it changes everything. There were numerous times I'd have a headache, or another ache/pain , and browse through my mom's nursing books only to confirm my suspicions of a dangerous disease.

So yeah, avoid a diagnosis outside your doctor. I'm sure with WebMD, as any medical book, you'll notice the symptoms of every deadly disease include basic ailments everyone experiences. I'd hate to go to a website, put in abdomen pain, and come back with pancreatic cancer on one end; basic flu on another.

It's your liver trying to get your attention. You have been ignoring it by not drinking enough to give it anything to do, and it is getting restless. My liver does not have that problem. In fact, my liver has recently applied to go into hiding as part of the federal witness protection program.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
Bruised cervix, out for the season. ;)

I'm surprised you are at the Doc's. Most guys don't go unless their ass is bleeding, or their cock quits working.

You can't say "cock" on a message board.

I think it's the alien thing, but the one from Spaceballs that will sing, "Hello my baby, hello my darlin'..."

spacemag5.jpg

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
It's your liver trying to get your attention. You have been ignoring it by not drinking enough to give it anything to do, and it is getting restless. My liver does not have that problem. In fact, my liver has recently applied to go into hiding as part of the federal witness protection program.

I think I saw your liver on the hitchhiking on the Skyway...trying to get to Kalamazoo for some Bell's.