8/23/08 Rays (78-49) @ White Sox (73-54) 2:55pm Fox-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Meanwhile, Linbebrink continues to be out with what Kenny Williams termed pretty unserious, in fact, it really was just totally precautionary to put him on the DL. Meanwhile, no relief pitchers were acquired. But, cool, we got Griffey.

Dude, Ken Griffey brings us a great veteran bat and he will give us a spark.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:28 PM)
So when we trade Poreda to get someone like Chad Bradford, you'd be satisfied when the White Sox are 72-90 in 2010?

chad bradford was traded for a PTBNL which will not even be close to anything as good as poreda, what are you talking about?

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:28 PM)
I am so f***ing pissed at this bullpen. Thornton is such a God Damn Pussy

couldn't agree more. i do not feel the lead is safe when he comes in to pitch. Or Dotel for that matter.

I love Jenks and Carrasco though

I mean the Sox have played 2 horrible second half games in a row, and its not like Tampa is blowing them out today...

If the Sox actually played well at least one of those games is a win, not really an implosion. More just law of averages after the Sox getting out of Oakland with some wins when most of us expected losses.

Javy pitched excellent just are still trying to figure out the set up role with Linebrink out. If he can come back some of these bullpen problems will fix themselves.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
chad bradford was traded for a PTBNL which will not even be close to anything as good as poreda, what are you talking about?

That's like people saying we would have had to trade Poreda for Paul Byrd.

why in the world did we f***ing take out Vazquez again? So what if he loaded the bases, it's not like they were beaming line drives all over the field off of him. He was getting them out all night, and you f***ing take him out Ozzie? What in the f***ing world were you thinking? I wouldn't care if he gave up a grand slam to the next batter, it was his f***ing ball game to win. f***ing stupid.

And what the f*** was Uribe doing playing in and off the line for Bartlett's double? That f***ing cost us a run. With two outs, and nobody on, you're playing the bunt? Seriously, does anyone on this team know anything about baseball? With 2 outs, you should be playing back and towards the line, to prevent a double.

What a f***ing terrible showing today, once again.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
For a guy with no range, he sure manages to screw up the balls hit at him, too. Sweet Jesus.

his D was just horrendously overrated from all accounts we heard before this year....

he may be the third best SS on this team, but hes definitely second best