8/23/08 Rays (78-49) @ White Sox (73-54) 2:55pm Fox-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:34 PM)
Hawk is right. No one beats themselves LESS in the entire ML than Minnesota. You'll never see Minnesota lose a game like this. EVER

except for the two come from behind wins by the mariners, amirite?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
No, but stop blowing smoke up my ass about Linebrink, Kenny. And I thought Bradford was acquired for cash, was he not?

The White Sox have never taken on a contract in their in-season deals, they've always favored not giving up the cash OVER giving up a prospect.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
except for the two come from behind wins by the mariners, amirite?

I think the 3rd game they won in SEA to stop the bleeding and their first game in Anaheim (the 12 inning fiasco for Torii Hunter) will turn out to be the two key games of the season for the Twins.

Need I mention that they are in the position to sweep the Angels out of their own stadium without even using Francisco Liriano, who has won 14 starts in a row now between AAA and the majors?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
The White Sox have never taken on a contract in their in-season deals, they've always favored not giving up the cash OVER giving up a prospect.

Well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? I mean, they could decide to change that policy for, I don't know, a guy who would really help them. No problem -- Liney will be back for the December stretch run.

What's even more questionable is that no move was made BEFORE Carrasco had even emerged as reliable.