8/23/08 Rays (78-49) @ White Sox (73-54) 2:55pm Fox-HD

WSoxMatt

Call me ignorant but I still don t get how TB is go great,they have few top notch names but I guess they re doing something right,I still think they ll get killed by the Cubs if that s the WS match up...It s funny remembering joe Morgan calling our bullpen maybe the best ever,what the hell was he smoking?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
that was one of the worst strike calls i have ever seen.

im not saying that i think games are fixed or that anyone is out to get us at all, but after the tim donaghy scandal and the way the Scott Foster phone calls were just swept under the rug by the NBA, i am beginning to think its a bit naive to not at least consider the possibility that officials in all sports are "encouraged" to call close plays one way or another

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
Call me ignorant but I still don t get how TB is go great,they have few top notch names but I guess they re doing something right,I still think they ll get killed by the Cubs if that s the WS match up...It s funny remembering joe Morgan calling our bullpen maybe the best ever,what the hell was he smoking?

Morgan is the jinx I swear. I've been saying this for like 2 months.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
im not saying that i think games are fixed or that anyone is out to get us at all, but after the tim donaghy scandal and the way the Scott Foster phone calls were just swept under the rug by the NBA, i am beginning to think its a bit naive to not at least consider the possibility that officials in all sports are "encouraged" to call close plays one way or another

How about maybe if the umpires don't like a particular person on a team, such as the manager? In no way is this my typical shot at Ozzie, but after seeing how bad the umps have been towards the Sox this year, is this their retribution?

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
I would prefere to see Griffey bat for Thome, he's been horrible today.

Thome was facing a lefty he should have never been in the lineup to face. I have no problem with him batting if it's against Wheeler.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)

We didn't exactly have huge name guys in 2005 and Detroit or St. Louis didn't have huge name guys in 2006.

The same goes for Florida in 2003, in a way.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)

lol don't even get me started on NBA fixing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
How about maybe if the umpires don't like a particular person on a team, such as the manager? In no way is this my typical shot at Ozzie, but after seeing how bad the umps have been towards the Sox this year, is this their retribution?

yeah possibly, but after all the sports scandals....and just business scandals period, in dealing with the billions of dollars professional sports bring in....wouldn't you try to do everything possible to make "the good story lines" actually succeed? im not implying that this game right here is fixed at all, or has any sort of unfair officiating, im just saying that if a story came out that said the rays, or cubs were helped out a bit, it wouldnt shock me

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)
yeah possibly, but after all the sports scandals....and just business scandals period, in dealing with the billions of dollars professional sports bring in....wouldn't you try to do everything possible to make "the good story lines" actually succeed? im not implying that this game right here is fixed at all, or has any sort of unfair officiating, im just saying that if a story came out that said the rays, or cubs were helped out a bit, it wouldnt shock me

One big rebuttal....MLB wants nothing to do with Tampa in the postseason. If you think they'd rather have Tampa over Boston or New York, you're crazy.

Whenever I get so pissed off as I am right now I think of 2005. At least we got to see it guys. I realize our lives as White Sox fans may not be the best, but we got to see ONE TIME what we all wanted. It doesn't do us any good now and there is no sense living in the past but at least we saw it. Now here's to 3 RUNS IN THE FRIGGIN NINTH

Stone and Farmer are arguing that Bartlett, being the fundamentally-trained Twins' player that he is/was (I know he started with Philly) screen Cabrera and led to the error/hit against Cabrera.

How many seconds will it take for OC to leave the clubhouse today? Faster than Kobe and Lebron will be gone if the Redeem Team collapses today.

How lovely to be victimized by Torii Hunter's horrible defense and Jason Bartlett's "heady" baserunning all in the span of 3 days. If the Twins weren't in the head of the White Sox, they certainly are now...and that three game series in Minnesota seems scarier by the day.

Maybe it will turn out like 2006 and the Red Sox will also fade, but this team just doesn't feel like it is capable of beating the Tampa Bays, Anaheim's or Minnesota's, partly due to managing, partly due to the pen, partly due to lack of execution/fundamentals/speed/defense and the rest just due to bad vibes about a team constructed almost 100% around hitting 3 run homers.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:45 PM)
Whenever I get so pissed off as I am right now I think of 2005. At least we got to see it guys. I realize our lives as White Sox fans may not be the best, but we got to see ONE TIME what we all wanted. It doesn't do us any good now and there is no sense living in the past but at least we saw it. Now here's to 3 RUNS IN THE FRIGGIN NINTH

Now this, I totally agree with. I couldn't imagine the how the heartbreak of 2006 would have been if they hadn't won it all in 2005. The intensity I felt for the games in 2005 will never be the same.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
One big rebuttal....MLB wants nothing to do with Tampa in the postseason. If you think they'd rather have Tampa over Boston or New York, you're crazy.

no but i think mlb would rather have boston + tampa with one as a WC instead of the wc coming from the central...again, im not implying at all that the reason for the success of TB is mlb umpiring...far from that ....but along this arguement, i think next to boston and new york, tampa would be maybe the next best team for tv playoff ratings nationally..