8/23/08 Rays (78-49) @ White Sox (73-54) 2:55pm Fox-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the first time since April the White Sox have been 1.5 games out of first place. Marcum has fallen completely out of the major leagues after leading the AL in ERA in April and May, which means we will be lucky if Minnesota sees either Burnett or Halladay.

The way Minnesota is playing with all the momentum on their side, and with Liriano's resurgence, they could sweep through Oakland and Seattle.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
This will be the first time since April the White Sox have been 1.5 games out of first place. Marcum has fallen completely out of the major leagues after leading the AL in ERA in April and May, which means we will be lucky if Minnesota sees either Burnett or Halladay.

The way Minnesota is playing with all the momentum on their side, and with Liriano's resurgence, they could sweep through Oakland and Seattle.

The Sox best bet is the Wild Card with the Twins showing no signs of slowing down and a very easy schedule remaining.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)

good thing we are already giving tonights game to minnesota

Not really sure why Vaz came back out for the 8th. It was pretty obvious he was running out of steam during the 6th despite the low pitch count. I really hate having to bring in bullpen guys in a situation where the chance for success is so low. Oz put his starter and BP in a bad position to succeed today.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)

If my adding is right, they will miss Halladay.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:56 PM)
Not really sure why Vaz came back out for the 8th. It was pretty obvious he was running out of steam during the 6th despite the low pitch count. I really hate having to bring in bullpen guys in a situation where the chance for success is so low. Oz put his starter and BP in a bad position to succeed today.

Navarro hits over .300 against RHP, and below .250 vs LHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
Nah...there's been quite a few worse. Last Friday vs A's was worse.

It's 1 AM here in n Warsaw, Poland. There's a million BEAUTIFUL women who want it and the clubs don't close....and here I am pissed about the game and I don't want to go out because of it. Someone please give me a DOSE OF REALITY