White Sox vs. Rays - 1:05 CSN, TBS

Jake

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
You say that every weekend that we lose a series.

The Ray PLAYERS are easily outplaying our PLAYERS.

People around here simply can't grasp that concept. It's always Ozzie's fault when we lose because we have so much talent and don't win. Well yes, we do have a lot of talent, but it's a bunch of STUPID talent. They can't do anything fundemental, they make errors, they are poorly built in terms of defense (that's on KW), and the bullpen has collapsed after a bad start. I was hard on Ozzie last season because he had a rough year, but so did everybody. If we miss the playoffs this year, it has very little to do with Ozzie and more to do with dumb players who underachieve.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
There's the HR swing. If we score a run the "conventional" way, I'll be impressed.

I hate OC's swing when he tries to pull. So big. He is 100 times better when he tries to go to right or up the middle.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
The Chris Young trade mentioned for the first time in a while, at least what I've seen. I understand though. But with getting Quentin from the Diamondbacks, we've gotten the best of the Diamondbacks overall. Jerry Owens for center field? haha

I will trade 0.45 points of OPS for Young's defense over Swisher's anytime.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Awesome OC....only about 30 more games with you.

im hopin for somewhere in the 40s, but hopefully we get type A compensation for him...assuming we offer him arb.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
im hopin for somewhere in the 40s, but hopefully we get type A compensation for him...assuming we offer him arb.

Watch OC tear his ACL during the last game of the season making it so that we can't.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
I will trade 0.45 points of OPS for Young's defense over Swisher's anytime.

considering the difference in ops is almost entirely obp driven, and after adjusting for league factors, id rather have vazquez in the rotation and swisher in the OF over young anytime

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
How many hittable 3-2 changeups are we going to have to see from Howell (both in Kansas City and now in Tampa Bay) before we realize it's coming and hit it hard?

You would think that changeups and pitches low and away wouldnt surpise our hitters. Yet it seems that the only one who hasn't read the scouting report on our hitters is our team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
The thing that sucks about using Carrasco today is that means we'll probably have to use Russell tomorrow in the continuation game.

not sure where we left off in their lineup, but with markakis, huff and roberts, the toughest outs in their lineup i would say we might see thornton if he doesnt pitch tonight...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
People around here simply can't grasp that concept. It's always Ozzie's fault when we lose because we have so much talent and don't win. Well yes, we do have a lot of talent, but it's a bunch of STUPID talent. They can't do anything fundemental, they make errors, they are poorly built in terms of defense (that's on KW), and the bullpen has collapsed after a bad start. I was hard on Ozzie last season because he had a rough year, but so did everybody. If we miss the playoffs this year, it has very little to do with Ozzie and more to do with dumb players who underachieve.

Yes, this team on paper should be between 5 games under .500 and 15 games over .500, but we're not really a playoff team without Linebrink and a 5th starter.

We've survived the loss of Crede well enough, but the 5th starter's spot will get even more pressure-packed as we lose ground on the Twins and each game becomes even more of a "must win."

We are better than we expected to be due to CQ, Ramirez, Danks and Floyd, the four players perhaps the least was expected of coming out of ST...well, maybe a lot of Danks fans were still out there, but Floyd had a ton of doubters. Swisher, Cabrera and Konerko have been disappointments. Dye, Thome and AJ have done what they always do.

Kudos to DJ, I had my doubts. Maybe I should just with the flow and stop looking at the last 2-3 seasons on the back of his baseball card!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
The thing that sucks about using Carrasco today is that means we'll probably have to use Russell tomorrow in the continuation game.

Aren't we leading off in the bottom of the 10th in that game? So it's possible we could win without using any pitcher.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
not sure where we left off in their lineup, but with markakis, huff and roberts, the toughest outs in their lineup i would say we might see thornton if he doesnt pitch tonight...

I thought it was Millar, Huff, and Scott. Huff's one of the best hitters in baseball right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Yes, this team on paper should be between 5 games under .500 and 15 games over .500, but we're not really a playoff team without Linebrink and a 5th starter.

We've survived the loss of Crede well enough, but the 5th starter's spot will get even more pressure-packed as we lose ground on the Twins and each game becomes even more of a "must win."

We are better than we expected to be due to CQ, Ramirez, Danks and Floyd, the four players perhaps the least was expected of coming out of ST...well, maybe a lot of Danks fans were still out there, but Floyd had a ton of doubters. Swisher, Cabrera and Konerko have been disappointments. Dye, Thome and AJ have done what they always do.

It's something that gets lost in the shuffle, but Konerko has had just an atrocious season. When not even a single post is made that he's out of the lineup, you know it's been a bad season.