White Sox vs. Rays - 1:05 CSN, TBS

Jake

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Yep, every year people say how wonderful they are and every year they lose in October due to lack of offense. Having Texiera helps, but they'll still lose a few 3-2 games and be knocked out of the AL playoffs in October, same thing every year except 2002.

TB is easily the best team in the AL.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
TB is easily the best team in the AL.

I don't think easily. Minnesota is putting themselves into great position to make a playoff run if they get in. Part of the reason I am so angered by this White Sox team is really that I think we could make a run to the World Series if we get into the playoffs. As good as the AL is, there is no dominant team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
I don't think easily. Minnesota is putting themselves into great position to make a playoff run if they get in. Part of the reason I am so angered by this White Sox team is really that I think we could make a run to the World Series if we get into the playoffs. As good as the AL is, there is no dominant team.

With my never-ending Cubs obsession, I was thinking about who would match up best with them in the WS. Honestly, I think the White Sox would now that Manny is off the Red Sox and Beckett is hurt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
With my never-ending Cubs obsession, I was thinking about who would match up best with them in the WS. Honestly, I think the White Sox would now that Manny is off the Red Sox and Beckett is hurt.

I think anyone who thinks the Cubs are NOT the best team in baseball right now are just blinded or don't want to admit it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)

The Cubs would have trouble with any top AL team. People are going to be amazed at how much better the AL is come this years World Series, regardless of if the Cubs or somebody else goes. I'd give the NL about a 10 percent chance (and that's being nice) at winning more than one game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
I think anyone who thinks the Cubs are NOT the best team in baseball right now are just blinded or don't want to admit it.

They aren't. They are the best team in the NL by far and will have to really do something strange to not make the World Series, but they are not as good as the top AL teams. This argument will be settled in October though, so whatever.

Nice baserunning by A.J. right there, HORRIBLE play by Upton.