(twins' board) very funny, and appropriate

caulfield12

This team p1sses me off so bad!!!!! I mean for christ sakes the mariners are the worst team in the american league!!!!!! Give Joe Nathan all that money and he blows saves like nothing. The last 4 games in the past month in Seattle the twins have lost 3 of 4. This team can not win on the road and when you can not dominate a club like Seattle it tells me that your not good enough to cut it. The White Sox suck @ss to but the twins cant even put them stiffs away either. After the sweep in Seattle go ahead and get your vikings ready becase you wont need your twins gear any more.

Response:

I hope you posted that out of frustration. A couple things:

1. We're most likely not going to get swept by the Mariners, so keep your head up.

2. Nathan doesn't suck, he's been slightly off lately, but still phenomenal.

3. The White Sox don't suck. They are arguably the best team in baseball.

>__________________________>

from mlb.com twins board

Ya the nails keep coming and they will unless we win tomorrow and sweep the As...which is unlikely. I hate the White Sox as much as anyone but they are a better team then us they hardly ever struggle to get hits/runs off anyone especially the pathetic teams like Seattle.

lol

It is funny.

The Twins' fans are always mentioning Quentin, Dye, Thome, etc., hitting so many home runs...how they really lack that true power hitter in the middle of the line-up, with Mauer being a great "pure" doubles hitter and Morneau a great "rbi" guy but perhaps not a consistent 30-40 homer player.

I did see an interesting statistic, I think out of their last 2-3 weeks of games, they had only had one that was decided by more than 2 runs either way.

This bodes well for the White Sox, because their hot hitting with RISP and their bullpen are two big factors in winning the close games. Both have been failing them (or at least inconsistent) for the better part of 3 weeks now.

White Sox fans say similar things....

1) We can't hit lefties, rookies or no-name junk/garbage pitchers

2) Ozzie plays the bench too much (haven't heard that much this year!)

3) Ozzie, like Gardenhire according to Twins' fans, plays favorites too much (or turns on players that don't seem to fit the Twins' mold, like Lamb, who was just released)...the Twins have actually wasted quite a bit of money on Lamb, Craig Monroe, Juan Rincon, Livan Hernandez, etc. It's not like the Twins' GM to waste $15 million dollars of a fairly low payroll

4) White Sox play dumb baseball

5) Our fifth starter sucks

6) Griffey/Konerko/Cabrera/Swisher suck to varying degrees

7) Why doesn't KW get more help for the bullpen

8) We're too slow, too old, can't bunt, can't advance runners, can't create or manufacture runs, hit too many homers, etc.

Thanks for this thread. It is fun to get a glimpse into the enemy camp and discover that no matter what the team, baseball fans are pretty much the same. We b**** when they're down and thump when they're up.

Me personally this season I've taken a "I believe it when I see it approach" which has paid off nicely. I expect the worst and am surprised--like I totally am now--when things are actually going well. 2 games up, to boot? Get out!

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of misery exists on say, the KC board. Or what Seattle's thinking right now. Even better: Detroit.

That team was picked by everybody to win the World Series for chrissakes and they're 11 games out in September? Amazing. Although that could kind of be like our 2006 (although we started okay that year unlike them).

How about the Yankees? What do they talk about when you have the biggest payroll for years and still nothing to show for it? That would be interesting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:58 AM)
White Sox fans say similar things....

1) We can't hit lefties, rookies or no-name junk/garbage pitchers

2) Ozzie plays the bench too much (haven't heard that much this year!)

3) Ozzie, like Gardenhire according to Twins' fans, plays favorites too much (or turns on players that don't seem to fit the Twins' mold, like Lamb, who was just released)...the Twins have actually wasted quite a bit of money on Lamb, Craig Monroe, Juan Rincon, Livan Hernandez, etc. It's not like the Twins' GM to waste $15 million dollars of a fairly low payroll

4) White Sox play dumb baseball

5) Our fifth starter sucks

6) Griffey/Konerko/Cabrera/Swisher suck to varying degrees

7) Why doesn't KW get more help for the bullpen

8) We're too slow, too old, can't bunt, can't advance runners, can't create or manufacture runs, hit too many homers, etc.

You forgot the one about Ozzie leaving a pitcher in 1-2 batters too long to put the game out of reach or where he takes a perfectly good pitcher out only to have the new pitcher get smashed.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
You forgot the one about Ozzie leaving a pitcher in 1-2 batters too long to put the game out of reach or where he takes a perfectly good pitcher out only to have the new pitcher get smashed.

Haha... my god I HATE that s***.

Earlier in the season when they were here in Baltimore I got up to take a leak after Thornton comes in, I sit back down to see Thornton leaving and Dotel coming in. Thornton only threw 3 pitches... a 3 pitch strikeout.