Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
Final season of The Shield starts tonight. I've read great reviews for this season.

Being the last season..they still have a few questions to answer so it should be a very entertaining season all the way through.

After watching the re-run of the bus crash episode from the end of last season of House, I am ready to see this show again.

The other sad thing is that ER is entering its last season. I know the show is a shell of its former self, but I still have watched it for a long, long time.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Being the last season..they still have a few questions to answer so it should be a very entertaining season all the way through.

I enjoyed the premiere. Looks like there's a ton of action slated for the final season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:26 AM)
Do you know if there is going to be a rerun on anytime soon? I went out drinking and forgot about the episode. :(

I believe Saturday at 10pm central. They used to replay it on Sundays also but that doesn't seem to be the case this year.

Solid premiere episode, I almost feel like I need to watch last season's finale again just to get caught up to speed since there has been such a huge gap between seasons.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
After watching the re-run of the bus crash episode from the end of last season of House, I am ready to see this show again.

I think this year will probably continue with the somewhat morbid episodes.The one resident is gonna have to deal with the Huntingtons disease and House and Wilson's friendship looks to be in serious doubt.

House might double down on the Whiskey with a side of Vicodin this season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
Sons Of Anarchy was really good.

Cool. I Tivo'ed it last night, it gets a viewing later today. The opener of The Shield was good. Looks like it will be a bloody season, for sure. I am looking forward to Heros getting back its magic, and I liked Life and Chuck.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
The new season of Prison Break is off to a great start.

I stayed with that show for 3 seasons, but I'm done with the bulls*** and the constant feeling of being unfullfilled with that show. I'm done with it.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
30 Rock.

That, and of course The Office.

I told myself I wouldn't give Kath & Kim a shot, then I saw an extended scene where Selma Blaire and her boyfriend on the show are absolutely hilarious... so it MIGHT be another in the long line of entertaining Thursday night comedies for NBC.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)

I told myself I wouldn't give Kath & Kim a shot, then I saw an extended scene where Selma Blaire and her boyfriend on the show are absolutely hilarious... so it MIGHT be another in the long line of entertaining Thursday night comedies for NBC.

Selma Blair is hot. :wub:

It's ending it's summer run tonight i think but has anyone else but me been watching Swingtown on CBS. I've found it a very entertaining show so far..just wondering if I was the only one???

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:23 AM)

That show looked horrible through the previews.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:39 AM)
Selma Blair is hot. :wub:

It's ending it's summer run tonight i think but has anyone else but me been watching Swingtown on CBS. I've found it a very entertaining show so far..just wondering if I was the only one???

I've been watching Swingtown. Intersting show. Maybe it just appeals to the inner freak in me?

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched Rescue Me for the first time yesterday.And it took me this long because I f***ing hate Dennis Leary,but that show is great.It is so politically incorrect and Leary somehow doesnt annoy me(its like some sort of christmas miracle).Are they done with that show or are they still making new ones?

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
I just watched Rescue Me for the first time yesterday.And it took me this long because I f***ing hate Dennis Leary,but that show is great.It is so politically incorrect and Leary somehow doesnt annoy me(its like some sort of christmas miracle).Are they done with that show or are they still making new ones?

Same reason I won't watch the show.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Only new show that has some what caught my eye is called Fringe (at least i think thats what its called.)

fringe wasn't bad. i don't think the dialogue was quite as snappy as i've come to expect from abrams' vehicles but there's enough there that i'll keep watching for the time being.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
Sons Of Anarchy was really good.

Watched the first 2 episodes I had TiVo'd over the weekend. I like the show, but the Katie Segal (sp?) character doesn't work for me at all, it seems forced, almost like they beefed it up because she was a name. I will still watch it, sometimes when they establish characters they have to have a few forced scenes and I like the rest of the show a lot.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Watched the first 2 episodes I had TiVo'd over the weekend. I like the show, but the Katie Segal (sp?) character doesn't work for me at all, it seems forced, almost like they beefed it up because she was a name. I will still watch it, sometimes when they establish characters they have to have a few forced scenes and I like the rest of the show a lot.

I wasn't going to watch Fringe because good old Comcast doesn't get FX HD, and the non-HD channel is one of the lowest quality I have ever seen. Then during the rain this weekend I happened across Sons of Anarchy On Demand in high def and watched the first two episodes. I really enjoy it, and will watch it on demand on weekends this entire season.