Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
They will than play those episodes on NBC starting in January. I'm pissed about it as well. This show is sooooo good.

I'll probably end up downloading it off torrent while it is on DirectTV.

Where can I catch the final episode or two of last season? I'm not sure what happened after Coach was about to take the job at A&M?

To cut out the Always Sunny talk...

This week's SNL, starring James Franco, was absolutely hilarious from start to finish. It really showed me that SNL might be back (as long as untalented sports stars not named Peyton Manning aren't hosting)...

That entire episode had me crying.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
Where can I catch the final episode or two of last season? I'm not sure what happened after Coach was about to take the job at A&M?

That was the last two episodes of Season 1. They may still have em all up at nbc.com.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)

This week's SNL, starring James Franco, was absolutely hilarious from start to finish. It really showed me that SNL might be back (as long as untalented sports stars not named Peyton Manning aren't hosting)...

I will have to catch that episode somewhere. James Franco does a ton of funny stuff at http://www.funnyordie.com/search/james%20franco One of my favorites is when he and Mila Kunis do a scene from The Hills

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)

So, you are saying that Manning is funny, right? I sometimes get confused with double negatives, ha.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility Mohinder.

Seriously, those two episodes were crazy. The little twist at the end with Sylar was interesting as well. Interested to see how the play that off.

Is it me or is Maya a lot better looking this year than last? Anyways, very pumped for this season. Looks like they are going to have a lot more action this year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Ok, so I hope this isnt a spoiler, but I still didnt entirely get how Sylar takes the other heroes powers. And it was weird seeing Claire awake during it.

Sylar can look at things and know how they work(with the clocks), so he looked at her brain and was able to see how her power worked. I still don't know how he got his brain to do it though. Claire was awake because she cannot feel pain now. It looked like she passed out at the end though until she healed her head back on after Sylar put it there. What we learned is Sylar does not take the power he copies it. The others just died because they could not heal themselves and would bleed to death.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE (ScottPodRulez22 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 12:33 AM)
Sylar can look at things and know how they work(with the clocks), so he looked at her brain and was able to see how her power worked. I still don't know how he got his brain to do it though. Claire was awake because she cannot feel pain now. It looked like she passed out at the end though until she healed her head back on after Sylar put it there. What we learned is Sylar does not take the power he copies it. The others just died because they could not heal themselves and would bleed to death.

Ah gotcha, so he can just teach his brain to recreate the other's powers. Thats crazy.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
I believe that is his original "power". Anyways, really interested to see how this season plays out with him and where they go with Sylar and Peter.

You are correct, Sylar looks at brains and figures out how they work and is then able to use the power. I just never really found out how he knew he had the power to begin with. Assuming something related to him and the clocks.

I'm really interested to know the story behind Nikki becoming Tracy Strauss.