Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
How many other Chuck fans are there out there? The show has really grown on me. I love the side characters, especially the guys from the Buy More.

I like watching Chuck. I just keep wondering why Chuck doesn't ask for a nice paycheck from the government for being a spy. I mean, it's not like he's geting to sleep with his 'handler'. And don't we all know guys like the ones in Buy More?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
I know HIMYM is popular around here but am I the only one here that finds "Big Bang Theory" right before it is quite often laugh out loud funny? IMO

That is good as well. The one where the chick got caught up in a WOW-style game was really good.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I know HIMYM is popular around here but am I the only one here that finds "Big Bang Theory" right before it is quite often laugh out loud funny? IMO

I think Big Bang at times is extremely funny. I watch both. HIMYM is better though, IMO

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)

Mondays rule. I go from Big Band Theory, to HIMYM to Heroes to My Own Worst Enemy.

Wednesdays are good because I've got Southpark and then the rerun of Sons of Anarchy.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
Mondays rule. I go from Big Band Theory, to HIMYM to Heroes to My Own Worst Enemy.

For me, Mondays go

Big Bang > HIMYM > Prison Break > Raising the Bar (new show on TNT). All while flipping back and forth from the MNF game. Mondays suck, but monday night TV is good for me.

But then i pretty much dont watch anything else till Thursday

HYIYM and Big Bang are both quality and depending on the week one might be better than the other.

I also watch Heroes and Terminator on Monday.

Heroes I actually think has been good this year (I know im in the minority but i like where the story arc is heading.)

Terminator, well maybe its just cause as a kid I liked it, but whatever its a good waste of an hour.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
HYIYM and Big Bang are both quality and depending on the week one might be better than the other.

Heroes I actually think has been good this year (I know im in the minority but i like where the story arc is heading.)

Terminator, well maybe its just cause as a kid I liked it, but whatever its a good waste of an hour.

For heros, I am not sure how they could have done it, but for me, it just took them too long to get to where they are at now. NOW you can start to see the battle lines. Why did it take half a season to get there? And for the love of God could they just PLEASE kill off Mohinder, or however you spell that name?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)

Give me Prison Break on Monday over any of those shows. I watched a little of Worst Week, and while it's basically a cheap version of Meet the Parents, the main girl on that show is smoking.

BTW, did you Friday Night Lights fans know that Minka Kelly is dating Jeter?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)

I'm the same way. I don't think it is great, but I keep watching it. I don't even think I know what is going on.

What is the Shirley Manson character doing? Besides being a T-1000.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
For heros, I am not sure how they could have done it, but for me, it just took them too long to get to where they are at now. NOW you can start to see the battle lines. Why did it take half a season to get there? And for the love of God could they just PLEASE kill off Mohinder, or however you spell that name?

Heroes has to be the worst show in the history of TV. To start out with such a great premise, great production value, and just a great first season, and to end up where it is now? Terrible. The writing is just absolutely horrendous. They simply forget about certain characters (the senators wife and kids? the cheerleaders boyfriend?), they kill the coolest characters (how could they kill Adam so quickly? The villian they spent a whole season covering!), and they allow the worst characters to stay on (someone already mentioned Mohinder, and I totally agree).

Moreover, there's simply no point in watching the show consistently. If you did you'd be given a complete mess of plot, with characters switching sides for no reason at all (Syler is going to just stop his killing/brain collecting spree because he has mommy issues? Seriously?!).

On top of all this, I think that actor that plays Peter is simply the worst actor ever. And he's on screen 50% of any given episode.

I gave the show two episodes this season to bring me back. Now all I do is watch with my gf (who still believes there's some hope there) and laugh for 60 minutes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Give me Prison Break on Monday over any of those shows. I watched a little of Worst Week, and while it's basically a cheap version of Meet the Parents, the main girl on that show is smoking.

BTW, did you Friday Night Lights fans know that Minka Kelly is dating Jeter?

Prison Break, although I watch every week religiously, is getting...well bad. Too many convoluted plotlines and the show seems like it just keeps getting more crazy. Sadly, I will not be able not to watch (weird negative construction there), but I am really want to just turn it off sometimes. But Mondays are perfect for me thought, HIMYM at 7:30 then PB.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Prison Break, although I watch every week religiously, is getting...well bad. Too many convoluted plotlines and the show seems like it just keeps getting more crazy. Sadly, I will not be able not to watch (weird negative construction there), but I am really want to just turn it off sometimes. But Mondays are perfect for me thought, HIMYM at 7:30 then PB.

Prison Break had me lost for a bit but now I'm digging it big time.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Prison Break, although I watch every week religiously, is getting...well bad. Too many convoluted plotlines and the show seems like it just keeps getting more crazy.

I was a devoted fan for the first three seasons (up until the break out from the Mexican prison, or was that season 4)?? I absolutely adored that show the first two seasons, and stayed because I could as long as possible. It got really bad last year, and this year, I said "f*** it".

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
So pissed I missed it last night. Definitely catching it online when I get off work.

I haven't been as upset about this season as most has but last night's show was pretty bad. Though it was a set up show and next weeks looks like it could be interesting.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
I haven't been as upset about this season as most has but last night's show was pretty bad. Though it was a set up show and next weeks looks like it could be interesting.

I didnt think it was bad at all. Im just really wondering how Peter is going to get his power back.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
I didnt think it was bad at all. Im just really wondering how Peter is going to get his power back.

Same here. I just watched it last night and for a "set up" episode I quite enjoyed it.

I'm still wondering what Sylar is oging to do. After letting Peter survive I'm wondering if he is having is doubts or if he is trying to infiltrate Pinehearst like Daphne is trying to infiltrate Primatech. Can't wait for next week.