Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOOOOO!!!

What the hell abc? you seemed like the cool network that would give these super original shows a chance. Shows you've never seen on TV and you do this? Can't wait to see what they replace them with....

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Wasn't it technically 3 out of 4 since it worked on Robin?

Well, that was part of "The Naked Man"'s 2 out of 3, which probably involved 2 other girls, one on which it worked and one on which it did not. In the separate study among Ted, Barney, and Lily, it worked 2 out of 3 times.

I loved when Barney decided he'd rather walk naked in the street than wear an ugly suit.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
WHY WON'T MOHINDER DIE!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

Ok, so in the future they all still have power, on both sides of the fence, how the hell are we going to get back to that. Also Mohinder in the future still was a freakshow. WTF

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Ok, so in the future they all still have power, on both sides of the fence, how the hell are we going to get back to that. Also Mohinder in the future still was a freakshow. WTF

I kinda enjoyed seeing HRG regulate on Sylar and Elle a little bit. It was pretty cool.

Any theories as to what is going to happen with their powers?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
I kinda enjoyed seeing HRG regulate on Sylar and Elle a little bit. It was pretty cool.

Any theories as to what is going to happen with their powers?

My guess is when the eclipse is over they get their power back.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
I saw a few minutes of that Rosie O'Donnell variety show.

It's been a looooong time since I have cursed the invention of the TV that much. Eh, but for my blatant stupidity of not turning off the TV faster, I guess I deserved that. Idiot.

Rosie's been all over the TV lately.

I've been very vigilant with my remote - whenever I see her, just like that......she's gone....

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Rosie's been all over the TV lately.

I've been very vigilant with my remote - whenever I see her, just like that......she's gone....

Rosie Odonnel is truly more annoying than anyone on TV.I would rather watch the Tyra Banks show for 6 hours straight than watch an hour of that man.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
Steve and russ, did you guys watch the finale or what?

Just saw it.

I must say, I was impressed, I think it sets up for a potentially good second season, alot to build on.

What are your thoughts?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
Just saw it.

I must say, I was impressed, I think it sets up for a potentially good second season, alot to build on.

What are your thoughts?

Well, with Jax, Opie and the old guy probably on the same page, where does it go? Do they stop running guns? They have to make cash somehow to stay strong, otherwise they will end up getting pushed out, and there is only so much money to be made in the garage. The first few episodes next season should be explosive, if the writers have any balls, as they left way too much tension hanging there at the end. Hope they follow thru and deliver something good, whichever way it goes.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)
Well, with Jax, Opie and the old guy probably on the same page, where does it go? Do they stop running guns? They have to make cash somehow to stay strong, otherwise they will end up getting pushed out, and there is only so much money to be made in the garage. The first few episodes next season should be explosive, if the writers have any balls, as they left way too much tension hanging there at the end. Hope they follow thru and deliver something good, whichever way it goes.

I think they continue to run guns. I think we definitely see a power struggle next season. A big part of it will probably be seeing who sides on which side. So far, there's Clay and Tigs on one side. On the other, it's Jax, Opie, Piney, and Half-Sack. I'd also guess that Juice is on this side. We don't know yet where Bobby, Chibs, and Smiley (if that's his name) will go.

Who knows if Opie is going to figure things out; I was actually surprised when I saw him put that SOA jacket on to head to the funeral. The finale was really good, it was something that was needed. Jax tried to burn the book, and then had it taken, but it found it's way back via Piney's crazy ass. The entire scene in the safe-house was great. I don't know which sequence was better... praying Opie's old-lady doesn't get killed by Tig, or Jax taking off his jacket and heading over there and laying a beat down.

We might see the building of a new charter by Jax and crew. I have to think quite a few would head to a new crew, or there will be a lot of strife and Clay (and Milkman, I definitely think Bobby would head Clay's way, he's got to be pissed at Opie at this point for freaking during the murder) will have to go down. Seeing this get resolved will be quite entertaining.

I already can't wait for season 2. There is no show I enjoy better.

Edited by Steve9347