Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

I think Heroes has been good and I liked Monday's episode (although I knew it was going to leave more questions than answers.)

I think that Sylar is allied with Peter and Peter's mother. The reason I believe this is predicated on a very minor detail in the episode where Sylar goes "You came back for me" or something to the extent that Peter did not escape when he had the chance. I think the fact that Peter was willing to risk his life for Sylar will keep Sylar from working with their father.

Along that line of thinking there is one point where their father reaches out to grab Sylar's hand, Sylar does not reciprocate. The question is whether or not that was the father trying to take Sylar's power.

Right now I think they are basically just setting the backdrop for the sides and I think that there will be another villain revelation.

As for Peter's power, I think he will be injected at some point with the formula and regain his primary power (empathetic absorbing).

Bottom line I dont care what the pundits say, Heroes has been worth watching.

Now has anyone else been watching "True Blood" on HBO?

I missed the first few episodes but stumbled onto it one night while flipping channels. I watched a minute or 2 and decided I needed to start from the beginning. I watched them on demand a few weeks back and can say that I have not been disappointed.

So anyone that likes vampire movies/books/tv should strongly consider sinking their teeth into True Blood.

That pun was intended because as youll find out in the show at one point puns were considered one of the highest forms of comedy to vampires.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something else as well: When Parkman's dad was killed, it made the african guy's painting of the Villain's not true, unless his death was a mind trick kind of like parkman's was. There is still one other face in that painting that we havent been introduced to yet.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Here's something else as well: When Parkman's dad was killed, it made the african guy's painting of the Villain's not true, unless his death was a mind trick kind of like parkman's was. There is still one other face in that painting that we havent been introduced to yet.

Any thoughts on how Peter is going to get his power back? I'm wondering if it will have anything to do with future Peter.

For those who care about such things...Fox just announced it's not bringing back King of the Hill. I never really watched it until it started showing up in syndication but i thought it was an ok show. I guess Mike Judge has a new animated show coming on Fox.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 06:13 AM)
For those who care about such things...Fox just announced it's not bringing back King of the Hill. I never really watched it until it started showing up in syndication but i thought it was an ok show. I guess Mike Judge has a new animated show coming on Fox.

always liked the show, but i couldn't believe it was still on the air.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
I am a huge fan on King of the Hill. I think the characters on the show are awesome. Except Peggy. I like her, but any episode revolving around her sucks. Dale is the man though.

I didn't even know the show was still on...needless to say I won't be missing it...they can take American Dad with it too.

More King of the Hill news.....well...maybe a rumor .......

There's an outside chance that Fox's canceled veteran animated series "King of the Hill" could reign again.

Sources say ABC, which is rolling out midseason animated comedy “The Goode Family” -- from “King” co-creator Mike Judge -- is eyeing the veteran Fox toon.

A spokesman for producer 20th Century Fox TV would only confirm "another network is interested" in the show. ABC had no comment and, to be clear, this is still the discussion phase.

At a time when shows are being renewed while earning modest 2.4 adult demo ratings, the current 13th season of “King” is averaging a 3.4 -- nearly as much as CBS’ breakout freshman drama “The Mentalist.” Sunday's edition, boosted by "The Simpsons" annual Halloween episode, hit a season high.

While a possible pairing of “King” and “Goode” would make a lot of sense for ABC as animated shows perform best when partnered with other animated shows, creating a Judge block could be logistically difficult.

“King” takes nine months to produce new episodes due to the animation work involved. So while “Goode” is slated for midseason, “King” wouldn't be ready until next fall. If ABC orders “King” and “Goode” flops … the network is left with an expensive half-hour animated show next fall with no partner. Plus, ABC wouldn't want its "King" to air at the same time as Fox's "King."

One source hinted the network might just opt for a script order -- which would getting the ball rolling on another "King" season, while leaving the network time to test "Goode" on the air.

Another option for "Hill" is to move to cable. But between cost of the show's animation and voice talent, “King” is considered pricey and likely too rich for a small network, such as Adult Swim.

If ABC were to pick up the show, it would mark the second series to change broadcast networks in the past year -- the first being "Scrubs" move from NBC to ABC. ABC also expressed interest in CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine" when the show was on the bubble last year. All three titles are half-hour shows, a format the network has had some difficulty programming.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Thank God for The Shield....a small break from the election b.s.

Vic has blown it TWICE now in the last 2 weeks. First, trying to cap 'em both in a hospital parking lot, and then having the gangbangers bring him in alive? Should have told them to shoot on sight, bring back his wallet or something. No chance for escape. Almost any way out now will be really a big stretch, so I am waiting to see how the writers pull this off with only 3 left.