Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
sounds like you're "desperate" for quality entertainment. :P

No, I've got plenty of that... Desperate Housewives is ridiculously funny and entertaining though.

Nice week in fantasy, by the way. I thought I'd have to worry about you and Edwin... :P

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
No, I've got plenty of that... Desperate Housewives is ridiculously funny and entertaining though.

Nice week in fantasy, by the way. I thought I'd have to worry about you and Edwin... :P

:crying You still have to worry. I'm in transition mode. Laugh it up in November, April will be a different story.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 05:17 AM)
Oh my. That Shield episode was insanely good. What a bleak ending to the series. Can't wait until next week's finale and thankfully it'll be a 90 min episode.

Man....i understand why Vic did what he did, but my prediction for the finale is that Ronnie hears what Vic did (sign the agreement) and he takes Vic out and goes to Mexico.

My favorite line(s) of the night is when the two agents are listening to vic confess and they are totally shocked at the amount of sh*t Vic's pulled over the years.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
Sons of Anarchy tonight...wow.

So I recently got into that show, its fantastic. i missed a bunch of episodes though, and cant find them online to watch. Anybody have suggestions? I usually use hulu.com, or the show website, but they only have eps 1,2, and skips to 8-current.

To tonight's show, wow. Why couldnt Jax realize that Clay was up to something? He shouldve seen right through him and confronted him. AHHHHH...I love shows like this, but cant watch them that much because I always want them to see the other side that you can see, but they dont know. Its frustrating.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
So I recently got into that show, its fantastic. i missed a bunch of episodes though, and cant find them online to watch. Anybody have suggestions? I usually use hulu.com, or the show website, but they only have eps 1,2, and skips to 8-current.

To tonight's show, wow. Why couldnt Jax realize that Clay was up to something? He shouldve seen right through him and confronted him. AHHHHH...I love shows like this, but cant watch them that much because I always want them to see the other side that you can see, but they dont know. Its frustrating.

I think he had his suspicions, as did Opie, but they didn't have much to rely on. From the preview for the season finale, Hale seems to tell Jax what he knew about Opie's car being bugged, and Jax looked to be punching Tig. The thing I don't understand is why Tig, after seeing Opie gun down a couple members of the black gang, didn't figure out that Opie must not have been the rat. I mean, a rat wouldn't be able to shoot people while being watched, I'd imagine.

The thing that makes me wary of the next episode is that I feel like this show is very similar to the Sopranos, and the Sopranos always had a ton of action in the penultimate episode of each season, but the finales were very toned-down. I hope this doesn't go that route.

Also, I had been getting a little tired of the sequence of the episodes. To me, each episode seemed to introduce a new problem, the problem was taken care of, and the next episode had little to do with the previous episode. I wanted to see something major happen in order to create an on-going storyline in the show. So, when they flirted with the idea of taking out Opie, I sort of wanted that to happen in order for the show to really get juicy (and I really like Opie). They managed to avoid killing him and probably made the storyline much stronger for the future.

I think the only problem with this show is that I care the least about the main character, Jax, than anyone else on the show. He annoys me and bores the s*** out of me.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

I think he had his suspicions, as did Opie, but they didn't have much to rely on. From the preview for the season finale, Hale seems to tell Jax what he knew about Opie's car being bugged, and Jax looked to be punching Tig. The thing I don't understand is why Tig, after seeing Opie gun down a couple members of the black gang, didn't figure out that Opie must not have been the rat. I mean, a rat wouldn't be able to shoot people while being watched, I'd imagine.

The thing that makes me wary of the next episode is that I feel like this show is very similar to the Sopranos, and the Sopranos always had a ton of action in the penultimate episode of each season, but the finales were very toned-down. I hope this doesn't go that route.

Also, I had been getting a little tired of the sequence of the episodes. To me, each episode seemed to introduce a new problem, the problem was taken care of, and the next episode had little to do with the previous episode. I wanted to see something major happen in order to create an on-going storyline in the show. So, when they flirted with the idea of taking out Opie, I sort of wanted that to happen in order for the show to really get juicy (and I really like Opie). They managed to avoid killing him and probably made the storyline much stronger for the future.

I think the only problem with this show is that I care the least about the main character, Jax, than anyone else on the show. He annoys me and bores the s*** out of me.

I agree about Jax, I think he could be interesting, but doesnt do as much as he could. His love life to me gets boring and or just annoying to have to sit through.

I like Opie to, which is why I dont want to see him taken out, hopefully that doesnt happen. I could definitely see that either way there is going to be major conflict within the club. Clay mentions that situations like these can bring down whole charters, could be a sign of internal conflict.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)

I agree about Jax, I think he could be interesting, but doesnt do as much as he could. His love life to me gets boring and or just annoying to have to sit through.

I like Opie to, which is why I dont want to see him taken out, hopefully that doesnt happen. I could definitely see that either way there is going to be major conflict within the club. Clay mentions that situations like these can bring down whole charters, could be a sign of internal conflict.

There's no way Opie goes down next week. If any member goes down, it will be either Tig or Opie's father. If neither of them dies, none of them will in this season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
Sons of Anarchy tonight...wow.

Watching it when I get home On Demand (I always wait til the next day for the HD). I can't wait!

EDIT: I also can't wait to read the blacked out censored stuff... I'll watch it on my lunch break.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

I enjoy Jax's character, but yeah, the rest are much cooler. I kept praying that Tig wouldn't kill Opie's girl, and now you know major s*** is going to hit the fan. Everyone knew the only thing Opie had to fear was the Sons of Anarchy, so Opie's going to go apes***. I don't want to see it, but I could see Jax and Opie taking on Clay, and Tig just completely f***ing losing it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)

There's no way Opie goes down next week. If any member goes down, it will be either Tig or Opie's father. If neither of them dies, none of them will in this season.

I could see Opie's old man getting pissed and figuring s*** out quickly. He could then possibly very publicly confront Clay, which could lead to him being in trouble. However, I don't think Clay and Tig would allow more blood from that family to be shed. There will have to be some sort of repercussion for this, and that would involve Clay stepping down. Hell, Opie and Jax eluded to that in this episode... could have been foreshadowing.