Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
I finally started watching Flight of the Conchords. What a brilliant show.

I thought that show was f***ing stupid. Just a ripoff of the Tenacious D show back in the day, but without the funny.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
Why? Why? Why exactly? Be more constructive with your feedback please.

It's rare for me to find a movie or TV show that makes me consistently laugh and this is one of them. There's lots of dead pan humor, quirky characters, and hilarious scenarios. The band manager, Murray, has a David Brent-like quality to him which I find endearing.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
Lighten up.

I, too, agree that Flight of the Conchords is hilarious. I love their songs.

"I'm the hiphiphoppatums, my rhymes are bottomless..."

You do realize that my response was intended as humor, right? It was an exact quote from the song you just quoted.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
I thought that show was f***ing stupid. Just a ripoff of the Tenacious D show back in the day, but without the funny.

this certainly doesn't belong in this thread but your avatar is why i am posting it...I had never seen arrested development before and i started DVRing it on G4 about 2 weeks ago because some people i know said it was really really funny...G4 ran a marathon of the entire first season on thanksgiving and i spent just about 5 straight hours glued to the TV watching...holy christ i can't believe 5 years after the fact i am just now watching it, but damn is it freaking hilairous

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
this certainly doesn't belong in this thread but your avatar is why i am posting it...I had never seen arrested development before and i started DVRing it on G4 about 2 weeks ago because some people i know said it was really really funny...G4 ran a marathon of the entire first season on thanksgiving and i spent just about 5 straight hours glued to the TV watching...holy christ i can't believe 5 years after the fact i am just now watching it, but damn is it freaking hilairous

Come on!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)

Best TV show I've ever seen. I've probably watched each episode at least 5 times and I still laugh uncontrollably each time I see them, it has incredible replay value. Sometimes I find myself jonesing for a specific episode, usually "Pier Pressure." The Hot Cops are about as good as it gets.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
My guess is when the eclipse is over they get their power back.

Is there a show on television with any less suspense then Heroes? Are they physically incapable of killing any major characters off for good? At this point, I really wouldn’t mind if NBC purged the entire writing staff, and just replaced them with some of Whedon and JJ Abrams’ guys.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Best TV show I've ever seen. I've probably watched each episode at least 5 times and I still laugh uncontrollably each time I see them, it has incredible replay value. Sometimes I find myself jonesing for a specific episode, usually "Pier Pressure." The Hot Cops are about as good as it gets.

They used to show reruns on HDNet a while back. If I happened to stumble upon an episode I'd yell out to my wife and she'd drop whatever she was doing to watch it with me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
HOORAY ANOTHER PERSON DISCOVERS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

I wish everyone would have tuned in when I told them to when I was trying to save it from getting canceled!

Dexter is the best show ever. Just saying. Season 3 is incredible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
HOORAY ANOTHER PERSON DISCOVERS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

I wish everyone would have tuned in when I told them to when I was trying to save it from getting canceled!

Think you were dissapointed that the show was cancelled after two seasons? Try being a Firefly fan.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Think you were dissapointed that the show was cancelled after two seasons? Try being a Firefly fan.

How about this: I was a huge fan of both. Firefly is one of the coolest and most well written shows ever made. Good luck finding another show that lasted just 1 season with richer characters than Firefly.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)

since i have yet to see them all i can't quite put the show in my top 4 or 5...but based on 1 season i think it will end up right up there with seinfeld and curb....will prolly jump ahead of simpsons (which is hurt by extending the show with too many bad seasons)....but yeah pier pressure is really funny...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
2 1/2

Im pumped for the supposed movie to be, hopefully they do it and do it right.

SOA: I could see Opie going after Clay and Tig if he finds out, creating major turmoil in the club. Opie is f***ing badass to, in those scenes verse the niners he was straight up crazy, I dont think he ducked or flinched at all. I wouldnt be surprised if he went on a rampage, and I could see Tig falling apart real soon, he seems to be getting very weak mentally.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
since i have yet to see them all i can't quite put the show in my top 4 or 5...but based on 1 season i think it will end up right up there with seinfeld and curb....will prolly jump ahead of simpsons (which is hurt by extending the show with too many bad seasons)....but yeah pier pressure is really funny...

They're just STRIPPERS!!!! Look at how hot they are!!

OH MY GOD THIS GUYS ARM JUST.... fell off.

...and that's why you don't teach your son a lesson. [nods head in agreement]