Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched an episode of Summer Heights High on HBO On Demand yesterday and found it hysterical. It was Episode Five, the most recent. After this I had high expectations of the show but upon backtracking and watching the other four I was unimpressed.

But really, if you have HBO on Demand check out atleast the one episode. It doesn't really require you to start from the beginning to understand everything.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
anyone watch House of Saddam on HBO? With something like that its always impossible to tell what is based on fact and what isn't but it was interesting and entertaining nonetheless.

I don't have HBO, but I have taken in a show on the Hussein regime on either History Channel or Discovery, either way it was just incredible. The things that were done were just mind-blowing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
The Office was just f***ing nuts this week.

yeah it was too ridiculous, i dunno....something about that show has declined in my mind...its still worth watching every week, but not nearly as funny as it was 3 years 2 years ago

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:48 AM)
yeah it was too ridiculous, i dunno....something about that show has declined in my mind...its still worth watching every week, but not nearly as funny as it was 3 years 2 years ago

That would be because it has gone over the top, but unfortunately it was the subtle things that used to make it so great.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
That would be because it has gone over the top, but unfortunately it was the subtle things that used to make it so great.

That's what makes the British version so much better. Most of the episodes now include implausible scenarios. No longer a can't miss show for me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 10:56 AM)
That's what makes the British version so much better. Most of the episodes now include implausible scenarios. No longer a can't miss show for me.

Eh, Andy Bernard still makes it a must DVR for me.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
I watched an episode of Summer Heights High on HBO On Demand yesterday and found it hysterical. It was Episode Five, the most recent. After this I had high expectations of the show but upon backtracking and watching the other four I was unimpressed.

But really, if you have HBO on Demand check out atleast the one episode. It doesn't really require you to start from the beginning to understand everything.

People I know have raved about the show, it has it's moments...there are definitely some good laughs .

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 07:46 AM)
Man..it sucks knowing NBC has already decided not to renew 'My Own Worst Enemy'...that show has gotten so much better in the last few weeks. I'm really gonna miss it....

This last one was very good. I admit that the first 2 or 3 were sorta week, but you can only do so much in an hour show to set up the season. And they keep it clean with only 2 story lines, and even they intersect, so it wasn't a rambling mess like Heroes has become.

At least Heroes has gotten around to killing off some characters. They were getting too big castwise to devote enough time to all the characters and storylines.

On another note....here's another Lost clip......for me the new season can't come soon enough.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Heroes story line has been brilliant.

It may be complicated but its a treat for those who stay up with it and see how its developing.

Finale sucked, mostly because they NEVER can give me answers and must make me wait until after the Super Bowl. f*** yourself Heroes.

I do like that Peter got his powers back. Not sure what that power is that Ando is sporting though.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Any thoughts on Dexter seaosn finale yesterday?

I liked it, they had a lot to fit in so I was entertained the entire time. Sets up pretty well for next season which will have to be about family man dexter.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
anyone watch House of Saddam on HBO? With something like that its always impossible to tell what is based on fact and what isn't but it was interesting and entertaining nonetheless.

I watched part one earlier and enjoyed it. I never knew what he did to his best friend before watching and found it very disturbing, especially the reaction of everyone afterwards. What became difficult (and I can't imagine it'll improve in the following installments) was keeping up with the names, and on occassion, having to backtrack in the episode to hear the dialogue because their accents made it difficult to understand.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
I watched part one earlier and enjoyed it. I never knew what he did to his best friend before watching and found it very disturbing, especially the reaction of everyone afterwards. What became difficult (and I can't imagine it'll improve in the following installments) was keeping up with the names, and on occassion, having to backtrack in the episode to hear the dialogue because their accents made it difficult to understand.

it is tough to keep characters straight, and to actually figure out exactly who the characters are (it doesn't help that many of them look very similar with mustache's and whatnot), but I watched it from start to finish and by the end you get a bit of a better feel for it....it also doesn't help that his nephews are named saddam and hussein, leads to unnecessary confusion...i actually missed the first 25 min of it, and by the end you'll be able to figure most of it out