Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
it is tough to keep characters straight, and to actually figure out exactly who the characters are (it doesn't help that many of them look very similar with mustache's and whatnot), but I watched it from start to finish and by the end you get a bit of a better feel for it....it also doesn't help that his nephews are named saddam and hussein, leads to unnecessary confusion...i actually missed the first 25 min of it, and by the end you'll be able to figure most of it out

Just finished all four parts. Great synopsis of Saddam's life from the moment he forced his way into office until his death. However, having done research afterwards it would seem the filmmakers left out quite a bit. HBO REALLY underplayed Qasay's brutality. It's true he wasn't as psychotic as Uday, but he wasn't the saint the series portrayed him as. Even Uday himself was portrayed less harshly than he could have been, this includes: forced rapings, torture of Olympic athletes who didn't perform well, and shooting an officer whom didn't salute him; among other atrocities. He also survived an assassination attempt on his life and from it walked with a limp.

Still, you can't cover everything and the series did well covering the main events.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 02:17 AM)
I came in this thread just to see if anyone had posted about this show. A few buddies and I watched some of the episodes tonight, and laughed our asses off. Jonah(the student) is hysterical. "f*** off miss, or you'll regret it".

I love Jonah. The episode where he's mentoring the year seven students was hysterical. "Look at them.......they look gay ass." This show isn't afraid to cross any boundary, it seems. The most recent episode I watched was where the gay performing arts teacher was forced into allowing "special needs" kids to fill several roles, and his suggested to his sidekick they buy extra masks to hide their faces.

Of course, you can't forget this:

dicktation.jpg

For you HIMYM fans, NPH is hosting SNL on January 10th.

That's a lot of initials....

He should be pretty good, he's got a theater background and people with those usually do pretty well on the show

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
I'm really getting into TNT's Leverage.

I played softball with the cast and crew of that show, and unknowingly almost ran over an Oscar winning First Baseman... haha

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
I played softball with the cast and crew of that show, and unknowingly almost ran over an Oscar winning First Baseman... haha

They need to get that show on network TV.

Why doesn't AOL/Time Warner/Whoever start a network?

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
For you HIMYM fans, NPH is hosting SNL on January 10th.

That's a lot of initials....

He should be pretty good, he's got a theater background and people with those usually do pretty well on the show

Yeah that should be good. I know a lot of his reactions and such in the show are improvised, so you know he is good on his feet. He could be very funny. And in general, HIMYM is hilarious.