Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
key_art_its_always_sunny_in_philadelphia

Perhaps my expectations for that show are way too high but I wasn't as thrilled with the 2 episodes last night as much as I wanted to be. They definitely had some laugh out loud moments though. The gorilla mask had me rolling.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
Perhaps my expectations for that show are way too high but I wasn't as thrilled with the 2 episodes last night as much as I wanted to be. They definitely had some laugh out loud moments though. The gorilla mask had me rolling.

I agree. The first episode basically sucked, and the second one was ok. I'm sure they'll get better.

I had planned to get out of work 10 minutes early, but that didn't work out. I got home just to see the last five minutes of the first episode and was very thrilled when a second "new" episode was immediately on. That took me by surprise. Watching "The Gang" going at it with a few beers under the belt can only make that show so much more extravagant.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)

The second one had me in hysterics. Watch them again.

I fsaw the Burn Notice season finale last night. I thought it was very good though it didn't answer a couple questions I thought it would. Oh well...i guess I'll stick around for season 3....

By the way...i know there are a few fans of BN on here....i saw on the USA website that they are promoting new episodes of the show coming this winter....not next summer! I guess they will move it up for a 'mid-season replacement' show or something. Either way we won't have to wait till next summer to see more of it.

:headbang :notworthy

I've never seen the show Dexter (though i've heard good things ) but OMG this is some scary real-life stuff from the set....

The National Enquirer reports in this week’s issue that actor Jimmy Smits, who plays district attorney Miguel Prado, stabbed an actor in the chest several times during a scene in which he accidentally picked up a real knife that was inexplicably put right next to a fake prop knife on set. Smits stabbed actor Jeff Chase in the chest with a knife he assumed was a prop. He easily could have killed him, but as luck had it Chase was wearing a chest plate, which saved his life:

Dexter star Michael C. Hall screamed in horror “Stop! Stop! Stop!” as fellow actor Jimmy Smits stabbed another actor repeatedly in the chest with a real knife on the set of their hit show.

The shocking September 5 incident occurred after a real knife was mistakenly placed next to a theatrical prop knife.

“During a horrific execution scene with actor Jeff Chase, Smits was so into the part he kept stabbing Chase ferociously with what he thought was a fake knife,” a shaken eyewitness told the Enquirer…

Smits was so caught up in the emotionally charged scene, it took him about 16 seconds to stop. “By a miracle, Chase escaped without a cut because he had a protective chest plate on underneath his clothes,” said the source.

:(

Bryan Cranston won the Emmy for best actor for his work on Breaking Bad. It was a huge upset, but I was rooting for him the whole time. That show is great, and his performance on it is even better. That is a show I'd recommend to anyone. The re-runs are on all the time, and I believe they're filming a second season right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
So the only way you can see Friday Night Lights is if you have DirectTV? Thats just lame.

They will than play those episodes on NBC starting in January. I'm pissed about it as well. This show is sooooo good.

I'll probably end up downloading it off torrent while it is on DirectTV.