Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
You are correct, Sylar looks at brains and figures out how they work and is then able to use the power. I just never really found out how he knew he had the power to begin with. Assuming something related to him and the clocks.

I'm really interested to know the story behind Nikki becoming Tracy Strauss.

There was a whole episode, in season 1 I think, where he visits his mother and he is fixing clocks and it kinda shows how he figure the whole thing out. It's pretty cool.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the new character of the private investigator for House.That guy is really funny,he played a good part in "The Last Kiss" (the guy who couldnt except his girlfriend breaking up with him and moving on).

I thought Sylar accidentally learned of his powers in the first season when he was trying to work on them with Suresh's father.

Ive always considered his ability and Peters ability to be the "black and white" or "good and evil" comparison.

Peter is basically an empathetic character who can absorb the powers of those he is near.

Sylar on the other hand (Gabrielle which is interesting because now you have Peter as in St. Peter, Nathan a prophet who god spoke to during the time of David and Solomon, and Gabrielle who is also supposed to be a messenger of god.), gets his powers through killing.

Thus when he says to Claire, you can not die, he literally meant that he had tried to kill her to get her powers but was unable to. The part of her brain he removed was the part that felt pain, thus afterwards she is no longer able to feel pain. I thought that Sylar's understanding of the inner working of the brain was a power that he had just recently gained

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
They're too busy polishing their Emmy.

Am I the only one that thinks 30 rock is very overrated? It's not terrible, I just don't find it that great. IMO it's no where near the office.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
I thought Sylar accidentally learned of his powers in the first season when he was trying to work on them with Suresh's father.

Ive always considered his ability and Peters ability to be the "black and white" or "good and evil" comparison.

Peter is basically an empathetic character who can absorb the powers of those he is near.

Sylar on the other hand (Gabrielle which is interesting because now you have Peter as in St. Peter, Nathan a prophet who god spoke to during the time of David and Solomon, and Gabrielle who is also supposed to be a messenger of god.), gets his powers through killing.

Thus when he says to Claire, you can not die, he literally meant that he had tried to kill her to get her powers but was unable to. The part of her brain he removed was the part that felt pain, thus afterwards she is no longer able to feel pain. I thought that Sylar's understanding of the inner working of the brain was a power that he had just recently gained

I believe you're right. Wasn't that a power he received from that woman Mrs. Petrelli "fed" to him??

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:35 AM)
Am I the only one that thinks 30 rock is very overrated? It's not terrible, I just don't find it that great. IMO it's no where near the office.

I don't like it because in general I just don't find Tina Fey funny at all. Every once in a while there is something funny, but generally, it is too forced.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 04:35 AM)

No, I agree with (I prepare for us to get flamed). Like you said, I don't think it's terrible, I just don't think it's as over-the-top awesome as a lot of people do.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
Anyone watch ER tonight? Wow, that was a tough one.

I did. They did a bad job hiding the fact that Pratt was gonna die but I still was hoping he didnt. Between him now gone and Abby leaving soon, I believe the longest running main characters that ended last season will be gone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 07:19 AM)
30 Rock is hilarious. Y'alls is crazy.

Survivor looked great in HD last night, thank goodness they finally made the switch. The Office was rather hilarious as well,

and at least they got the engagement out of the way quickly.

You are not kidding. It is beautiful visually. The one girl, Michelle, is hot, but than in HD, up close, she is kind of a butterface. Not to be mean.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
I disagree as well. I found the episode quite funny. Earl, on the other hand, I thought sucked last night

Whatever! I was rolling at the fight to the Rocky theme and when Earl was singing it to hype his dad up.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
I disagree as well. I found the episode quite funny. Earl, on the other hand, I thought sucked last night

Just watched it again, and it was significantly better. My wife pointed out a big continuity error with Michael's goatee. He went from having it to not to having it and then not.

The goatee was a joke. After Michael helped Ryan move and saw his facial hair, Michael grew an identical goatee to Ryan. Then Ryan got freaked out by that and shaved his off, at which point Michael followed suit and claimed they were the goatee-less brothers or something