Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
The goatee was a joke. After Michael helped Ryan move and saw his facial hair, Michael grew an identical goatee to Ryan. Then Ryan got freaked out by that and shaved his off, at which point Michael followed suit and claimed they were the goatee-less brothers or something

No, but before Michael learned that Ryan shaved his off, there's a scene in the break room where he doesn't have one either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:27 AM)
Maybe it was my mood after the Sox game, but I didn't think The Office was that funny. The hour episodes really seem to drag.

i didn't think it was that great, but i'm also pretty sure it had all to do with what had just taken place w/ the sox that night. I'm gonna give it a second go around.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
!!!!!!!DAMN!!!!!!!

This season of The Shield just gets better and better.

Ronnie soooooo wants to kill Shane. Only problem, is that Tavon will get to him first. About 3 more episodes, and one night Tavon shows up and puts a cap in Shane's azz. I still forsee bigger and badder things in Ronnie's future, possibly even being the one to whack Vic at the end and be the only one to ride off into the sunset alive. I was disappointed with Vic's change of heart at the end, and he should have sent more than 2 gys to do the job.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
Californication is good. I'm watching season 1 on the dvds right now and I'm digging it.

I've seen the first season. It's a damn entertaining show. When I had showtime, that and Dexter were my sunday nights.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
From the Sons of Anarchy....i love watching people get hit in the face with a skateboard!!

:headbang

And 's***ty' guns! And female feds who grab guys butts and have their nipples get hard when evidence goes their way.

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
that was the worst office episode ever, and it's not even close.

I don't think it was that terrible. Just not alot there. It felt like nothing really developed.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
"Sunny" was really bad tonight. The final 8 minutes are so really dragged and the subject matter was just unfunny. That show is headed in an odd direction.

I finally watched an episode of that, and this was theone I chose. I guess I am sorta glad to hear that it sucked compared to most of their shows, because i thought it was one of the owrst things I have seen in a long time. After watching that, I couldn't believe that that was representative of the positive buzz I had previously heard. I'll give it one more shot.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
"Sunny" was really bad tonight. The final 8 minutes are so really dragged and the subject matter was just unfunny. That show is headed in an odd direction.

Underwhelming season to say the least.

Look forward to watching this week's Shield tonight. Had to watch the debate on Tuesday.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
South Park = money

The show is so great.

OK possible SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I know that two of the Indiana Jones, Lucas, Speilberg parodies were The Accused and Deliverance, but was the first one a parody of anything?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 08:03 AM)
I'm really not liking Earl this year.

I'm on the other side. I was worried it would keep running out of ideas but it really doesn't. The big butt thing was a tad over the top, but for the most part, I've been liking it.

Friday Night Lights is also off to a good start IMO. Were is Jason Street though?