Fall of '08 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
I'll be pissed if Shane doesn't get capped at some point this season. I'm not sure if I'd rather see Tavon kill him or Ronnie.

From the beginning of the season I thought that Ronnie would be the one to get rid of Shane. I figured that he would end up the only one of all of them to walk away with anything. But then they reintroduced Tavon, and that just adds a new wrinkle to the mix. You KNOW he is coming back for at least one more show, and it could be one where he pops Shane. or tries to and fails. or tries to, gets shot by Shane, and then Ronnie kills Shane. All I know is that they messed up my whole theory as to the ending with just one guy, Tavon.

i was equally surprised that Shane is going to try to take out Ronnie instead of Vic first. i guess it's a way for the writers to further push Ronnie to the dark side and have him snap. Again..it was nice to see flashes of it. He wants Shane dead very badly.

Sons of Anarchy should be a good one tonight as well. As much as I will never forgive Fox for some of the moves they have made....I have to say FX rules. (then again..i haven't seen Testees yet, though I've heard things)

Do many people here watch Eli Stone? Great season premiere last night.

One thing though, did Natasha Henstridge have a baby recently? For lack of a better explanation, she just didnt look right last night, she looked "puffy" and like she had botox 5 minutes before filming.

Usually I think she is one of the hotter women on TV, but she just didnt look up to form last night

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Do many people here watch Eli Stone? Great season premiere last night.

One thing though, did Natasha Henstridge have a baby recently? For lack of a better explanation, she just didnt look right last night, she looked "puffy" and like she had botox 5 minutes before filming.

Usually I think she is one of the hotter women on TV, but she just didnt look up to form last night

My wife really liked that show but we missed it last night. I thought it was ok. not sure if I'll watch it this time around. depends what else is on.

Off on Wednesday's and discovered "Parking Wars" on A&E. Funny to see these idiots swear and get pissed at the people writing tickets even though they are illegally parked and can't follow signs and instructions.

Feel bad for some of the officers.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
Heroes has been really awful this season, dontcha think?

ive heard alot of people saying that...while i don't think it has been great i don't think it has been THAT bad. I wonder how much the strike screwed them up

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
is it online or on demand? There's home remodeling going on at my house and it has just screwed all my tv watching up

The last 4 episodes are available on demand in high def. I'm sure you can catch up with scenes or see the first few episodes online. I highly recommend it.

Steve I dont know,you have built up Sons of Anarchy so much that it is going to have to be f***ing unbelievably awesome to meet my expectations.I will watch it eventually though cause I normally have the same opinion on movies as you do.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
The last 4 episodes are available on demand in high def. I'm sure you can catch up with scenes or see the first few episodes online. I highly recommend it.

That should work, I did watch the first few so I should only be 2-3 behind

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Steve I dont know,you have built up Sons of Anarchy so much that it is going to have to be f***ing unbelievably awesome to meet my expectations.I will watch it eventually though cause I normally have the same opinion on movies as you do.

Just think Sopranos on Harleys.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Exactly. I think it's like the Sopranos as told from Christopher's perspective.

And shipps, the show is very good, but Steve might be blowing it a bit out of proportion.

I know that it is a tv show, but I was really disappointed when they had the patch-over, and the Mayans came by and started shooting, that nobody, on either side, got killed and only one guy even got shot. Even inner city gangbangers have better aim, that that. There shouldn't have been a Mayan left standing with all the lead flying from two different angles. Otherwise, it has seemed fairly realistic.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I know that it is a tv show, but I was really disappointed when they had the patch-over, and the Mayans came by and started shooting, that nobody, on either side, got killed and only one guy even got shot. Even inner city gangbangers have better aim, that that. There shouldn't have been a Mayan left standing with all the lead flying from two different angles. Otherwise, it has seemed fairly realistic.

I remember thinking something like that. There haven't really been that many deaths, although there has been plenty of violence.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's currently my second favorite drama on television, just behind Mad Men.

Of course, only On Demand, where it's in High Def.

Edited by Steve9347