Game 2! Sox vs. O's WCIU Start time after tiebreaker

Jake

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
crede is still doing that lame hit-it-to-right-field thing that he was doing when he started slumping. he's trying to guide it.

lexi, by the way, is the s***.

The ironic thing is, he's pretty much incapable of driving the ball to RF with authority yet every time he finds himself in a funk he starts serving the ball the other way. The guy has a grand total of 1 opposite field HR in his career.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 02:25 AM)
The ironic thing is, he's pretty much incapable of driving the ball to RF with authority yet every time he finds himself in a funk he starts serving the ball the other way. The guy has a grand total of 1 opposite field HR in his career.

That's such a great stat you found.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
I love him in the leadoff or 2nd spot.

Normally I'd be greatly opposed to sticking a player with a .018 isolated discipline in the leadoff spot but I'm willing to make an exception for Alexei. I think he'd flourish at the top of the lineup and getting him as many PA as possible should be a priority. (given his amazing abilities)

Kalapse, I have a question for you. Is it really that wrong of me to say Thome is not clutch because he doesn't deliver late in the game? I know all the stats, etc., but I just reflect on his time here, and can only remember two winning hits late in the game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
Normally I'd be greatly opposed to sticking a player with a .018 isolated discipline in the leadoff spot but I'm willing to make an exception for Alexei. I think he'd flourish at the top of the lineup and getting him as many PA as possible should be a priority. (given his amazing abilities)

i prefer the way he drives in runs batting lower in the order, but it's a close call.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Kalapse, I have a question for you. Is it really that wrong of me to say Thome is not clutch because he doesn't deliver late in the game? I know all the stats, etc., but I just reflect on his time here, and can only remember two winning hits late in the game.

If you said "Jim Thome is not clutch late in games" I'd actually agree with you. When you say "Jim Thome is not a clutch hitter" I greatly disagree. He really is pretty bad late in games, that I can not defend but he tends to come through big in the first 6 innnings. There's just something about Jim Thome (probably all the K's late in games) where people tend to forget all the times he comes up big in close games while a guy like Joe Crede who's "clutch" stats aren't all that impressive is considered one of the best clutch hitters in the game. (it seems like every time Joe Crede comes through with a big hit it's memorable, which leads me to believe that he's more "memorable" clutch than he is "consistently" clutch but that's a theory for another time)

So really it's all about the wording.