Owned (Moved from PHT)

Nokona

Scott: If the Cubs and the White Sox both make it to the World Series?

Obama: I would be going.

Scott: Who would you root for?

Obama: Oh, that's easy. White Sox. I'm not one of these fair weather fans. You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball. Southside.

I will be using this amongst people who aren't supporting him.

I remember watching a democratic debate months back in either New York or Boston when they were about to play that series. Near the end someone asked Barack the question Yankees or Red Sox.... he answered

"The Sox but of a different color, I'm a White Sox fan all the way..."

Thats when I fell in love... :wub:

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cu...a082508.article

Pretty gutsy to say this about one of the most nationwide fan bases in all of sports. Voters.

In contrast, he may have gained voters who are Cardinals fans, Brewer fans, etc...

If a Cub fan won't vote for Obama based on his fan affiliation, they should have their voter card revoked.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
It might be a political move, but I doubt that too because people aren't dumb enough to vote based on team affiliation.

Mmm..I dunno.. I wouldnt put it past 'em. After reading the poll where so many Americans believe Iraq = Al Qaeda, I'll never underestimate our nation's dumbness again.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Mmm..I dunno.. I wouldnt put it past 'em. After reading the poll where so many Americans believe Iraq = Al Qaeda, I'll never underestimate our nation's dumbness again.

Well, they are both muslims and kind of brown, so that is close enough for many. BTW, Obama has finally given me a compelling reason to vote for him.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
Well, they are both muslims and kind of brown, so that is close enough for many. BTW, Obama has finally given me a compelling reason to vote for him.

Guess who else is muslim and kinda brown?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
It's not gutsy. It might be a political move, but I doubt that too because people aren't dumb enough to vote based on team affiliation. I just think it's Obama telling the truth, because what he said is completely accurate.

Yes, some of them are actually

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
Boy that is really disturbing to think about. I'll just pretend you are wrong, even though you are probably right.

Generally, I like to pretend like I think I'm wrong too, because that's easier.

If you ever want to know how dumb certain segments of American society are just go to CNN's political ticker and read about 50 comments. Or go to Youtube and do the same although Youtube has more trolls on it.