Owned (Moved from PHT)

Nokona

Even one of the Cubs best players agrees with Obama.

"I mean, he's right," Lee said with a grin. "I think most of the fans there are just there to enjoy the experience, and, uh, drink beer. I mean, is that not true?"

"But if you go to Wrigley, it's kind of an experience. I think a lot of our fans are tourists, and they're in town on summer vacation and they just want to check out Wrigley."

It's not a stereotype, it's a fact. Even the democratic presidential nominee and one of the Cubs own star players realize it. Thank God I'm a Sox fan.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
From what I hear, the internet has exploded with pissed off Cub fans over this. We all know they aren't too damn smart, so yeah, I can see them not voting for a Sox fan. In a heartbeat.

IIRC and using the traditional north / south division for Sox and Cub fans, there are probably more GOP Cub fans then Sox fans. So there are probably a lot of Cub fans that never would have voted for him anyway. I would have been less harsh on Cub fans. There are some hard core Cub fans who are just as knowledgable and pay as much attention to their team as Sox fans do ours. Also, those casual, not paying attention fans are the fans the Sox and Cubs marketing plans are competing for each year. They are the swing difference in the attendance gap between both teams. So while we like to make fun of them, if 250,000 decided to attend a Sox game instead of a Cubs, that is a 500,000 swing in attendance.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 06:53 AM)
IIRC and using the traditional north / south division for Sox and Cub fans, there are probably more GOP Cub fans then Sox fans. So there are probably a lot of Cub fans that never would have voted for him anyway. I would have been less harsh on Cub fans. There are some hard core Cub fans who are just as knowledgable and pay as much attention to their team as Sox fans do ours. Also, those casual, not paying attention fans are the fans the Sox and Cubs marketing plans are competing for each year. They are the swing difference in the attendance gap between both teams. So while we like to make fun of them, if 250,000 decided to attend a Sox game instead of a Cubs, that is a 500,000 swing in attendance.

Believe me, I know that there are knowledgable Cub fans. That remark was totally tongue-in-cheek.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
Believe me, I know that there are knowledgable Cub fans. That remark was totally tongue-in-cheek.

I know you do, I should not have quoted you, it was more a general response to the general comment about idiot Cub fans. I believe it is important to realize how much effort Brooks and Co. make to attract those same idiots to a game on the south side. Get 3,000 of them to every home game and viola'

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
I know you do, I should not have quoted you, it was more a general response to the general comment about idiot Cub fans. I believe it is important to realize how much effort Brooks and Co. make to attract those same idiots to a game on the south side. Get 3,000 of them to every home game and viola'

I didn't take offense. It did however, make me realize that I probably should have made it more obvious that I was joking.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
I believe it is important to realize how much effort Brooks and Co. make to attract those same idiots to a game on the south side. Get 3,000 of them to every home game and viola'

Oh he for sure tries to, and a prime example of this at work is the occasional half-price Monday game. On those nights, the stadium is full, has a lot of Cubs fans, and often times there are a lot of fights. I try and avoid the half-price Monday games because I know the stadium will have a lot of Cub fans there and the atmosphere sucks. Simply due to the financial allure, I often end up at one of these games per season, but it's really a sad sight in the stadium at these games.

Edited by whitesoxfan101