Democratic Convention Talk

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
I think this Kerry speech is really good as well...

It started off pretty dull with the McCain attacks but it got better. I liked his line towards the end. "My country wrong or right... when right, keep it right, when wrong, make it right."

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
It started off pretty dull with the McCain attacks but it got better. I liked his line towards the end. "My country wrong or right... when right, keep it right, when wrong, make it right."

I liked how he addressed claims from Republicans that democrats don't support the troops and what not

QUOTE (Nokona @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
For the first time in my 20 years, I actually feel like I'm winning. These 3 days have been wonderful

I totally agree....this feels a whole lot different than 4 years ago and the 4 years before that....

Plus, I am right in the middle of it

according to these people I met down the street "Homo sex is a threat to national security" they were so cool and smart

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
This spielburg video is helping with that too...

The sight of coffins with American flags over them still bothers me even after 4 years. I mean, it bothers everybody, but I think it bothers me more. It feels like a punch in the stomach whenever I see one of those pictures

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
It's gonna be a half hour of a f***ing Robot demonstration.

hmm, sounds interesting. but i'm not sure the Republicans could pull it off. too many huckabee delegates who don't believe in evolution, let alone robots.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Obama's pretty damn good

He's insanely overrated. he speeches kind of suck really. his preacher cadence and constant slogans really don't make for much of a speech IMO.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
according to these people I met down the street "Homo sex is a threat to national security" they were so cool and smart

We get a great group of those marching with signs right before and after the Rose Parade every year.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
For the first time in my 20 years, I actually feel like I'm winning. These 3 days have been wonderful

the bounce Obama gets from it will really show if it won over any voters. i don't like the Dems, so i am admittedly biased... but i think the convention has been pretty lame. i don't even think Obama will get a bounce from it. :P

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
the bounce Obama gets from it will really show if it won over any voters. i don't like the Dems, so i am admittedly biased... but i think the convention has been pretty lame. i don't even think Obama will get a bounce from it. :P

Seriously...90% of this stuff doesn't matter. The only thing that really matters is the hour at Invesco tomorrow night. This is all just at the margins. You could have the crappiest convention ever and have a hell of a final speech and that'd be your bump.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
my guess, after the RNC, we are within 3 pts, either way. Statistically irrelevant. Wait till the debates, then it will move to +/- 5-6%.

yea that really is when the elections are won or lost IMO

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 04:21 AM)
When Biden referenced his mom and telling him to "bloody their noses" and Mama Biden mouthed "it's true", my wife and I literally laughed out loud.

yea that was awesome....

anyone else see that McCain Commercial that was just on CNN with the "Hillary Supporter" that is now voting for John. That was laughable

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
yea that was awesome....

anyone else see that McCain Commercial that was just on CNN with the "Hillary Supporter" that is now voting for John. That was laughable

That supporter said in a McCain campaign conference call that McCain did NOT support overturning Roe v Wade. He has said many times over that he is indeed in favor of overturning it.