Site Experiment

Chisoxfn

I'm going to be making a bit of an expirement. I know there are a lot of people that enjoy the catch all and I also know from comments made over the past year or so that there are a lot of people that don't enjoy it so up until the end of the regular season I'm going to close the catch all and experiment to see what the majority prefer (catch all vs no catch all).

Also, shortly we will be announcing some changes made to the mod team as we work on infusing some new moderators onto the site. The move should help get some fresh blood into the mod ranks and more importantly enable some of the mods who have had changes to there personal life which prevent them from being as active.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
I'm going to be making a bit of an expirement. I know there are a lot of people that enjoy the catch all and I also know from comments made over the past year or so that there are a lot of people that don't enjoy it so up until the end of the regular season I'm going to close the catch all and experiment to see what the majority prefer (catch all vs no catch all).

Also, shortly we will be announcing some changes made to the mod team as we work on infusing some new moderators onto the site. The move should help get some fresh blood into the mod ranks and more importantly enable some of the mods who have had changes to there personal life which prevent them from being as active.

My love for you continues to grow although I really question your baseball knowledge when speaking of Orlando Cabrerra.

:)

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
I never looked at the catch-all thread. Too long and I always read threads based on something catchy in the thread title, that obviously is missed with the Catch-all.

Yeah I just always skipped the catch all thread, sometimes before I forgot, other times because it was a completely random thread.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
Yeah I just always skipped the catch all thread, sometimes before I forgot, other times because it was a completely random thread.

I would rather just skip over random threads in PHT that don't apply to me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
I think we could do without the Win and Loss threads after every game. Just use the game threads. JMO

Yeah, I feel like after the game ends a mod should unpin the game thread and edit the title with a W in it or an L.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
It doesnt matter what you do. No matter what, someone is gonna complain that the thread is too long and they didnt want to go through it all.

Which I don't understands at all, because next to each thread there is that little box you can click that takes you to the first unread post.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
Which I don't understands at all, because next to each thread there is that little box you can click that takes you to the first unread post.

Personally I dont understand the problem with any catchall, or long threads. if you dont want to go through all of it, dont. It doesnt detract from any other posting, people still post all relevant sox "talk" and stories in pale hose when the catch all is there. The catch all is like a constant conversation.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 11:22 AM)
Personally I dont understand the problem with any catchall, or long threads. if you dont want to go through all of it, dont. It doesnt detract from any other posting, people still post all relevant sox "talk" and stories in pale hose when the catch all is there. The catch all is like a constant conversation.

You certainly don't have to worry about going off topic in those threads.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
Now posters just have to be willing to post those non-major thoughts as threads.

IMO the complaints about worthless threads clogging up the forums will far outweigh the complaints of having to sift through a catch all