Why is Milton Bradley among the BA leaders and ARam is not?

Cubano

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
A player must have 3.1 plate appearences per team game played. (AB+BB+HBP) Ramirez is not hitting that mark.

Thanks!

I always forget about the BB and HBP.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
A player must have 3.1 plate appearences per team game played. (AB+BB+HBP) Ramirez is not hitting that mark.

131 games x 3.1 appearances = 406.1 appearances needed

Alexei has 366 AB + 10 BB + 3 SF + 4 SH + 1 HBP = 384 plate appearances. He's 22 plate appearances short.

Alexei will need 119 plate appearances over the last 31 games to reach the 503 level necessary to qualify. That's a bit less than 4 appearances per game. He should become "eligible' around game 154-155 assuming he plays all 31.

Would be interesting if he went on a September tear and hit like .380 and became eligible for the batting title with like 5 games to go and won it.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)

Alexei has 366 AB + 10 BB + 3 SF + 4 SH + 1 HBP = 384 plate appearances. He's 22 plate appearances short.

Alexei will need 119 plate appearances over the last 31 games to reach the 503 level necessary to qualify. That's a bit less than 4 appearances per game. He should become "eligible' around game 154-155 assuming he plays all 31.

Would be interesting if he went on a September tear and hit like .380 and became eligible for the batting title with like 5 games to go and won it.

Nice math. Thanks for the full picture.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)

Muchas Gracias (Thank you very much).

If Alexei wins the BA tittle and the ROY honors, he will join Tony Oliva who won both awards for the Twins.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Good stuff BB. I personally hope he goes on a ridiculous tear as do the White Sox...one that continues through October!!!

Cold weather is coming soon to freeze the cuban missiles' toes and ears! :ph34r:

At the begining of the season, cold weather + Ozzie's lack of confidence in him resulted in a low average for Alexei.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Just curious, do Cubans root for a particular team or just individuals? Which MLB hats and jerseys do you see the most around your country?

Any jerseys or hats you see in Cuba is because somebody in the USA send it. I would say that Yankees and Marlins are the two most favorite teams. The Yanks are favorite among the old timers and they have signed a lots of cubans defectors too. However, any team with cubans are followed too. The Sox are very popular because El Duque and Contreras are WS champs in 2005 and Alexei is now playing for the ChiSox. I dislike the Marlins myself. I do not have a team that I always root for per say. When I was in the refugee camps in 1995, I used to root for the Mariners with Griffey, Jay Buher, Edgar Martinez, Tino Martinez, Bobby Ayala, Randy Johnson, Omar Vizquel, etc. Then, I swithed to the Yanks in the late 90's. Then, the ChiSox in the new century. I also like the Nats, but they are a pain to watch.

Edited by Cubano