Derrek Lee on Obama's Cub fan comments "I mean, he's righ

whitesoxfan101

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,3928547.story

"I mean, he's right," Lee said with a grin. "I think most of the fans there are just there to enjoy the experience, and, uh, drink beer. I mean, is that not true?

But if you go to Wrigley, it's kind of an experience. I think a lot of our fans are tourists, and they're in town on summer vacation and they just want to check out Wrigley."

OUTSTANDING. Even one of their best players realize the fan base that shows up to Wrigley Field is, for the most part, a joke.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)

OUTSTANDING. Even one of their best players realize the fan base that shows up to Wrigley Field is, for the most part, a joke.

Of course he realizes it. He has been there for every trash episode of the past 4 years

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)

I'm surprised to hear that coming from a current Cubs player's mouth. I wonder if the Cubs fans or media will get on him at all for that

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I'm surprised to hear that coming from a current Cubs player's mouth. I wonder if the Cubs fans or media will get on him at all for that

i would not rule out i total blow up on the comments .. it is the media

Cub fan @ espn forums:

on a few accounts Lee has made some stupid comments regarding Cubs fans then tries to sugar coat it. I like Derek Lee but what is he doing? Fans like myself get upset by this....i going to 20 games a year to support him by paying 40-50 bucks to see the Cubs win....sure Wrigley is an expierence but comeon ....explain the road crowds then? They are not mostly tourists give it up....Obama just lost my vote and derek lee needs to watch what he says cus Cub nation could turn on this guy...

LOL

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Cub fan @ espn forums:

on a few accounts Lee has made some stupid comments regarding Cubs fans then tries to sugar coat it. I like Derek Lee but what is he doing? Fans like myself get upset by this....i going to 20 games a year to support him by paying 40-50 bucks to see the Cubs win....sure Wrigley is an expierence but comeon ....explain the road crowds then? They are not mostly tourists give it up....Obama just lost my vote and derek lee needs to watch what he says cus Cub nation could turn on this guy...

LOL

20 games... 40-50 bucks...

That's $2 a ticket?

Obama lost the guy's vote? That tells you wind kind of a deep political mind was posting that. His vote for president is solely based on the fact that Obama really doesn't like the Cubs. Way to take a stand for the issues.

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
Obama lost the guy's vote? That tells you wind kind of a deep political mind was posting that. His vote for president is solely based on the fact that Obama really doesn't like the Cubs. Way to take a stand for the issues.

What would you expect from a cubs fan? Most of their allegiance to their team is due to the proximity of bars to their stadium.