Boras questioning legitimacy of Alvarez deal

witesoxfan

Boras claims deal not valid

by my understanding, Pedro Alvarez signed his deal shortly before/after midnight on the night of the deadline; that has been OK'd by the Commissioner's office, so that's not big deal. However, Boras isn't as cool with it because the $6 mill signing bonus Alvarez got is less than that of Buster Posey (by the San Francisco Giants, who also rolls of toilet paper at $32 per roll) and is the same as Eric Hosmer, who the Royals selected with the pick after.

Also interesting is that Hosmer's contract was submitted after Alvarez's, so if Alvarez's is wrong for being submitted too late, so is Hosmer's. That would nullify two contracts for Boras and hold back two MLB careers.

The only quote that gets me is this....

Pedro showed tremendous fortitude and independent thinking when he agreed to his contract on Aug. 15.

doesn't that sound like Pedro negotiated the deal on his own? and isn't that against the rules?

As I always, I do hate the living s*** out of Scott Boras, but he gets money and he's not afraid to risk the starts of major league careers for some of his players to get said money. What a complete and utter f***ing dick.