Soxtalk: A History

Jake

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
I just found out the other day that he retired a couple of seasons ago.

In checking out one of the cached pages I saw a blurb up top thanking all the Sox minor leaguers who posted or viewed the site wishing them luck. Among them was Josh Fields. Does/did he read or ever read this site? Or was it the other Josh Fields

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
In checking out one of the cached pages I saw a blurb up top thanking all the Sox minor leaguers who posted or viewed the site wishing them luck. Among them was Josh Fields. Does/did he read or ever read this site? Or was it the other Josh Fields

It was Joshua Fields the reliever, not the 3B.

FYI, even today there are players and players families who check out the site.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:01 PM)
Those archives are fun to look at.

Yeah, they are. It was kinda cool to read through a few posts to see what kind of stuff I was writing 3 or 4 years ago.

I know I used to post on the ESPN/WSI boards when I was in 5th or 6th grade (probably one of the the youngest posters ever), and (sadly) I probably knew more than the average Sox fan. I took a couple years away from posting, but always read Soxnet.net until I remember reading one thread that really got me the urge to post, so I went ahead and signed up for Soxtalk... Wish I was able to be around here more often, but I'll find days when I don't have much to do (which isn't often unfortunately) and I'll just read through ST for hours.

Both were banned.

Oh yeah I know that, I was looking for a story to explain them. Last time I recall one of them (Steve?) was trying to bet Steff and Rock Raines a thousand dollars he was posting from his law office, but you came in and said his IP was the same as his brother's. :lolhitting

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
Oh yeah I know that, I was looking for a story to explain them. Last time I recall one of them (Steve?) was trying to bet Steff and Rock Raines a thousand dollars he was posting from his law office, but you came in and said his IP was the same as his brother's. :lolhitting

If you hear a story that explains them, I would LOVE to hear it! :lol: "they" were a pair.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)

I don't recall being involved in that bet. :huh

Many of my fav days from the past revolve around Corg. Oh for all his craziness you just had to love him... even if he was FOS. I talked to Brando for a while after he "left" but we lost touch. Someone told me Clujer was posting on Henry's board but that was a while ago. Him and Brando sure made things exciting around here. They should be forgiven and brought back to straighten out some of the current crazies around here. :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
One particular anti-fan and his nonsense and the endless trolls trashing the board were the reasons I found myself here.

God, what was that guy's name? I know exactly who you are talking about and I'm pretty sure all the ESPN guys will too. I remember BoogAlou, but I can't remember if he was the poster in question or not.

That and the format change(ugh, that completely destroyed the board, everyone was gone after that) were my reasons for the move.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
God, what was that guy's name? I know exactly who you are talking about and I'm pretty sure all the ESPN guys will too. I remember BoogAlou, but I can't remember if he was the poster in question or not.

That and the format change(ugh, that completely destroyed the board, everyone was gone after that) were my reasons for the move.

I think it was probably Boog. I remember explaining thigns to him in the most common sense way possible and he would be adamant about the total opposuite being right. Some times i couldnt tell whether he was flat out stupid/ignorant or whether he tried to be that way

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)

Ha that was pretty funny. Odd seeing posts in there from 4 banned posters. And on that topic, redandwhite is banned? Huh, i never knew that, I wonder what he did I enjoyed reading his posts generally.

Yeah, Soxtalk has produced some classic threads.

Going back off of the top of my head, some of my favorites include

mutherf***ing, dips***ass.... by Heather back in 03 or 04

That bizzarre Ronald McDonald thread

The Rally Crede thread

incorgible's outing thread

The thread from the Indians fan a couple of days before the 05 opener.

I know I am missing some good ones too...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)
Yeah, Soxtalk has produced some classic threads.

Going back off of the top of my head, some of my favorites include

mutherf***ing, dips***ass.... by Heather back in 03 or 04

That bizzarre Ronald McDonald thread

The Rally Crede thread

incorgible's outing thread

The thread from the Indians fan a couple of days before the 05 opener.

I know I am missing some good ones too...

I think Heather's "are you Mark's f***ing parents?" trumps all. That and the makeout session at the same tailgate. :lolhitting