What were your favorite games to play as a kid?

shipps

Way back in grade school we played soccer on a huge field, then about halfway through the rules would suddenly change as the whole backside was the goal, there were multiple goalies, you could pick the ball up and run with it, you can switch teams at any point, and tackle each other. I won't tell you waht we called it because it involves the "n-word" however I went to grade school on the hill and kids of every race played the game.

In the winter after the playground was plowed it was all about king of the hill.

In high school I used to have a whole different group of people come over to play laser tag with laser challenge equipment

lcbounus.jpg

We would have teams of 4 or 5 and play elimination or caputre the flag with the little yellow NICOR flags that were in the ground.

Good times.

:headbang

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
Anybody else ever play 500?

One guy would hit a rubber ball (or a softball) and if you caught it on a fly it was worth 100 points, one bounce was 75, two bounces 50, three bounces 25 and no points for 4 or more bounces.

First guy to 500 was the batter for the next game.

It would get pretty physical once someone got close to 500.

Boy, now your bringing back some memories. I forgot about that one. Yeah....we played that a lot.

Ghost In the Graveyard

Kickball

Running Bases

Wiffle Ball (a friend even had a wiffle ball diamond in his back yard)

We also managed to prove how stupid we were. We played Jarts, but our way of doing it was we would split into two groups. One group would be in the front of the house, the other group in the back. Then we would throw the Jarts over the house to see how close we could get. :lolhitting