Iguchi to be released

Heads22

Should have taken that 2 year deal from Colorado. His numbers would undoubtedly be better (he was never going to succeed at petco and the spacious yet homer friendly Coors is right up his ally) and there was like twice as much guaranteed money (it's always a good idea to get as much guaranteed money as possible when you're a 30 something Japanese player in his 4th year in America). And to think there was more than a few people on this board last season who were livid when he was traded.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
Iguchi released

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Do we want him? He did well for us before but where will he play or would he be great off the bench.......

I say if no one else really wants him do the guy a favor and sign him to sit on the bench during the last month of the pennant race. It will keep him in MLB and maybe the good will towards him will encourage him to put in a good word for the Sox with future FAs in Japan. What could it hurt?

Reward the guy for his past contributions if he can't land a better job somewhere else in MLB.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I say if no one else really wants him do the guy a favor and sign him to sit on the bench during the last month of the pennant race. It will keep him in MLB and maybe the good will towards him will encourage him to put in a good word for the Sox with future FAs in Japan. What could it hurt?

Reward the guy for his past contributions if he can't land a better job somewhere else in MLB.

Amen brother, one can't possibly estimate how much Iguchi helped us during the 05 season.. He was a great #2 hitter.. Frank Thomas said he had the softest hands, I guess meaning he could place hit. How many times this year have we not been able to advance the runner.. Tadahito did it so well in 05. We should pick him up and Tomko too who seemed better toward the end of the season............

QUOTE (forrestg @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Amen brother, one can't possibly estimate how much Iguchi helped us during the 05 season.. He was a great #2 hitter.. Frank Thomas said he had the softest hands, I guess meaning he could place hit. How many times this year have we not been able to advance the runner.. Tadahito did it so well in 05. We should pick him up and Tomko too who seemed better toward the end of the season............

Tomko on the same team as AJ again? Yeah, that'll work.

This is ridiculous.

He was already rewarded for his past contributions with a WS ring and a few million dollars. Why do we want japanese players to sign her with the attitude of "hey let's sign with the White Sox! They pay people to sit on the bench!"